Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

burmp.

I was checking out the TV schedule for next weekend. The three UK televised championship games are all being shown live on BeIN Sports, as expected/hoped. (+ They also have lots of "30 in 90" repeats of the televised games).

But what I also noticed was that on Saturday 6th of August, they're showing Nottingham Forest vs Burton Albion at 10am. This is a non-televised 3pm game in the UK. Until now I think everyone was under the impression we had no chance of seeing games that weren't on Sky TV in the UK... but this gives me hope...

Also gives hope that the UK folk could find a snide stream too.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/championship-tv-schedule/

I've been using this site - surely the home match versus Huddersfield will get some coverage?

Yeah I've got that page bookmarked too.

Our competition for that timeslot in week 2...

Aston Villa vs. Rotherham, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Barnsley vs. Derby, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Brentford vs. Ipswich, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Burton vs. Bristol City, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Leeds vs. Birmingham, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Newcastle vs. Huddersfield, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Preston vs. Fulham, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Wigan vs. Blackburn, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

Wolves vs. Reading, 10am, no TV broadcast scheduled

There doesn't seem to be any stand out fixtures there. Then again, I've no clue which teams are supposed to be good in this league.

Technically there's no guarantee that BeIN will show any of them. I guess it'll be whatever game the EFL supplies as well, rather than them actually getting to choose.

burmp.

I was checking out the TV schedule for next weekend. The three UK televised championship games are all being shown live on BeIN Sports, as expected/hoped. (+ They also have lots of "30 in 90" repeats of the televised games).

But what I also noticed was that on Saturday 6th of August, they're showing Nottingham Forest vs Burton Albion at 10am. This is a non-televised 3pm game in the UK. Until now I think everyone was under the impression we had no chance of seeing games that weren't on Sky TV in the UK... but this gives me hope...

Semtex - are you aware of any streaming apps that include BeIN? I just cut my cable and trying to pull everything together, wanted this channel.

Go90 is a free app with Verizon.

burmp.

Semtex - are you aware of any streaming apps that include BeIN? I just cut my cable and trying to pull everything together, wanted this channel.

Go90 is a free app with Verizon.

Cheers :thup:

So in Canada (I assume this is the same for the US) we are stuck with Bein sport right ? TSN or Sportsnet aren't showing any games whatsoever. My problem is that I often have other things going on during the games so rely heavily on my PVR. From what I understand my cable provider does not have BeIn sports, the only way to get it is through the internet at $20 a month, which I was p*ssed off at, at first then remembered I pay $50 a month for NFL Sunday ticket !

Anyway back to my point, is there a means to record the games through BeIN, are they available through a "On-demand" type service or is it just not worth my while bothering with this and just watch the highlights show ?

Edit: Another question. I've been looking online, looks like Fubo.tv includes Bein and only charges $9.99 per month, anyone know if this is available in Canada, or is it one of those annoying US only type services ?

Yeah looks like Fubo is US only, so lame :( In Canada we have to pay an extra $10 and no PVR (not sure about that ?) Well it's only $5 more if your provider offers the channel and of course mine does not !!

OK further investigation: Looks like there is an enhanced service (that's the reason for the extra $10) called connect, that not only offers the ability to play on computer and devices but a lot more channels ! They have 10 channels and advertise this service as "live events not available elsewhere" I wonder if that will include additional championship games, with 10 channels they could stream a few games at the same time at the 3pm Saturday slot !

Sorry I just read the previous page in this thread and I'm just repeating what Semtex has already said I think.

Yet another edit: Sent an Email off to Fubo to ask if they were available in Canada, as their website is a little confusing, got a quick response back to tell me it's definitely not due to licensing agreements, it's probably the whole Netflixs crap again where we are stuck with a far inferior version of their service, it's stupid.

Anyway gonna just sub to Bein connect at $20, will be worth it if they show more games and even more so if there is some form of PVR/On demand component.

I ended up signing up for the $20 Bein sports, damn it's shite, if it weren't for Newcastle being in the championship, there would be literally nothing to entice me to pay the sub for. Their streaming uses Silverlight which is no longer supported by Microsoft and therefore you can't use Chrome or Edge to watch the stream you have to revert back to IE.

Anyway the positive news, for me at least, is that there is a buffer or something that the stream is uploaded into, so you can rewind the live coverage by about 2 hours or so, also of course you can pause the live show. That'll help me out a lot.

Do Bein not even tape delay the games, ffs their schedule is emptier than the average Mackems head, you would think showing tape delay games of the bigger clubs in the championship would help to fill their 10 channels up. Their TV guide is terribad, doesn't even work on my computer had to download the iphone app, cycled through a few days and couldn't find it.