Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

did anyone go to the beambacks at the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street?  I seem to remember watching 1-1 home draws vs the mackems and Arsenal there, Shearers first season.  2 folks from Metro Radio did a little thing beforehand handing out prizes to kids.  I think I got a ruler ( :lol: mint prize, I know) and a few copies of the old 'Black and White' magazine...

Aye, regularly, it was great. First one was QPR away in 95, 3-2. Also particularly remember 2-1 at Anfield in the LC with my scouse friend.

30th Nov 1986, aged 10.  Match was on telly on a Sunday but dad decided to take me.  In the Gallowgate corner to see us beat West Ham 4-0.  Remember being dazzled by Pedro and shitting myself at how wild the gallowgate was and thinking I was going to get crushed.  The noise was unbelievable at that age.

Some solid players,  Peter Jackson, McCreery and Anderson.   Unbelievably, looked it up on Google and there is youtube footage where Big Ron is on about the crowd being the best support in the land.  Class.

<Correct. No clips allowed>

Apols if not supposed to post links

It's interesting that the commentators talk about us being the best in that 1986 video. I've always been given the impression by opposition fans that our support was only 'good' post-KK.

Aye, like many fans not a clue what they are talking about when it comes to NUFC.  We were stone last in Div 1 and that was the atmosphere.

Shrewsbury at home back in 1981 I think (I was 8)

Was that a 4-0 win? If so that was mine too.

I honestly can't remember the score!  ??? :D

The pre-match ritual for me back then, was getting on the Jordan's bus at Cambois, with my dad and his mates and sitting at the back. Getting to town, going in the lounge at The Companions Club for half a coke and then on to the ground, in the old West Stand Paddock (next to the Leazes) which I think later became the family enclosure. Good days. :coolsmiley:

West ham at home 1989. All I can remember is being on my dads shoulders in the leazes end and I think we won. I would have been about 6.

Guest neesy111

Royal Antwerp in UEFA cup 1994 in the milburn paddock.  Won 5-2, still remember it was one of the last times we did the mexican wave.  Cost us a chance of winning the UEFA cup that season after the Bilbao fiasco.

Guest neesy111

Newcastle 4 Sheff Wed 2

I remember booing Andy Sinton and the rush of people forwards when we scored.

That game was pretty unique for the 2 teams wearing away strips. 

Alex Mathie's goal.  :smitten:

30th Nov 1986, aged 10.  Match was on telly on a Sunday but dad decided to take me.  In the Gallowgate corner to see us beat West Ham 4-0.  Remember being dazzled by Pedro and shitting myself at how wild the gallowgate was and thinking I was going to get crushed.  The noise was unbelievable at that age.

Some solid players,  Peter Jackson, McCreery and Anderson.  Unbelievably, looked it up on Google and there is

youtube footage where Big Ron is on about the crowd being the best support in the land.  Class.

Fantastic game. Had it on video for years.

Can still remember Brian Moore's commentary now: "They've fought so hard and they've played so well. Bottom of the league? You must be joking."

30th Nov 1986, aged 10.  Match was on telly on a Sunday but dad decided to take me.  In the Gallowgate corner to see us beat West Ham 4-0.  Remember being dazzled by Pedro and shitting myself at how wild the gallowgate was and thinking I was going to get crushed.  The noise was unbelievable at that age.

Some solid players,  Peter Jackson, McCreery and Anderson.  Unbelievably, looked it up on Google and there is

youtube footage where Big Ron is on about the crowd being the best support in the land.  Class.

Fantastic game. Had it on video for years.

Can still remember Brian Moore's commentary now: "They've fought so hard and they've played so well. Bottom of the league? You must be joking."

neil macspotty i think, andy thomas 2 and darren jackson .

Guest neesy111

Newcastle 4 Sheff Wed 2

I remember booing Andy Sinton and the rush of people forwards when we scored.

That game was pretty unique for the 2 teams wearing away strips. 

Alex Mathie's goal.  :smitten:

That was such an excellent game.

Probably the 1st time we could be called the Entertainers.

It's interesting that the commentators talk about us being the best in that 1986 video. I've always been given the impression by opposition fans that our support was only 'good' post-KK.

Aye, like many fans not a clue what they are talking about when it comes to NUFC.  We were stone last in Div 1 and that was the atmosphere.

Have a look at the YouTube videos of the Cup match at Liverpool in 1984 when we were beaten 4-0 to see the support we had in those days. 

Have a look at the YouTube videos of the Cup match at Liverpool in 1984 when we were beaten 4-0 to see the support we had in those days. 

Great support, 11,000 away fans!!!!

Moving on from the first game I also remember my first away game well, Coventry City away in January 1996, Steve Watson scored the only goal of the game.

My main memories of the game were the state of the bogs at Highfield Road and the abuse Andy Gray got, he was walking up to the gantry and the entire away end was in full voice 'Andy Gray is a wanker, is a wanker', I had to ask my Dad what a wanker was.

Moving on from the first game I also remember my first away game well, Coventry City away in January 1996, Steve Watson scored the only goal of the game.

My main memories of the game were the state of the bogs at Highfield Road and the abuse Andy Gray got, he was walking up to the gantry and the entire away end was in full voice 'Andy Gray is a wanker, is a wanker', I had to ask my Dad what a wanker was.

Spurs 1-2 Les Ferdinand for me. Sat front row behind the wheelchair fans, only memory is getting wrong off me Pa's mate for refusing to cover my colours up walking to the Tube after the match.

Have only been to 11 or 12 but I've never seen us lose away from home. (excl. Neutral venues)

My main memories of the game were the state of the bogs at Highfield Road and the abuse Andy Gray got, he was walking up to the gantry and the entire away end was in full voice 'Andy Gray is a w*****, is a w*****', I had to ask my Dad what a w***** was.

Spurs 1-2 Les Ferdinand for me. Sat front row behind the wheelchair fans, only memory is getting wrong off me Pa's mate for refusing to cover my colours up walking to the Tube after the match.

Have only been to 11 or 12 but I've never seen us lose away from home. (excl. Neutral venues)

2008/2009

Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle

Conceded to Andy Johnson, Shola scored and we started dominating but ended up with no points because the blind fucker of a ref gave them a pen after ignoring a blatant foul on Cacapa in the buildup that should have stopped play.

Still my only away game and I actually found it a lot more fun than home games at SJP. Wish I could go to more.

My main memories of the game were the state of the bogs at Highfield Road and the abuse Andy Gray got, he was walking up to the gantry and the entire away end was in full voice 'Andy Gray is a w*****, is a w*****', I had to ask my Dad what a w***** was.

First away game was the Cardiff semi vs ManU. I was only 13 and despite losing 4-1 the support absolutely blew me away that day. To see that many Geordies in Cardiff for a game we were pretty much nailed on to lose and then to see the manic celebrations when Shola netted (to make it 3-1 :lol: ). Wow.