Newcastle United 1 - 1 Bolton - 26/02/11 - post match reaction from page 17

midds

Aye, when their keeper pushed it out from a Enrique cross

I don't remember a single shot on target from him, when was that?

When Lovenkrands had a shot saved and Best looked certain to score but (i think) wheater managed to get a block on it.

Best had a very good game today i thought.

Guest Heneage

I followed the game through livescore/bbc and Taylors red card really annoyed me especially considering it sounds like we were doing well and the goal was against the run of play.

On a sidenote I think despite a supposed decent outing Taylor has to go on the transfer list.

Ranger really needs to work on his running off the ball. He holds it up well but once he lays it off he doesn't know where to run and often ends up just getting in the way.

Also, probs been monetioned already but Pardew should get Kuqi on a bit earlier, looked like the new Sibierski today!

i haven't came out of a match so hoarse from shouting at a ref in a long time. the ammount of pushing and holding they were allowed to get away with was beyond a ref having a poor day.

some points......

tiotes quietest game for a while

enrique fantastic on the ball yet his worst defensive display for us that i can remember

how much can we get for jonas in the summer ?

good call from pardew to go after the game and go to 3 centre halves.

how much would we be prepared to pay for sturridge ?

after the last home game people were still leaving before the end.

i haven't came out of a match so hoarse from shouting at a ref in a long time. the ammount of pushing and holding they were allowed to get away with was beyond a ref having a poor day.

:thup: Best in particular was given roughly one free kick for every four or five infringements.

some points......

tiotes quietest game for a while

enrique fantastic on the ball yet his worst defensive display for us that i can remember

how much can we get for jonas in the summer ?

good call from pardew to go after the game and go to 3 centre halves.

how much would we be prepared to pay for sturridge ?

after the last home game people were still leaving before the end.

More people left early today than when we were 4 nil down the other week. Why???? It was a good end to end game of football.

:thup: Best in particular was given roughly one free kick for every four or five infringements.

at one point their 31 had slipped to the ground but held best round the waist for 2 or 3 seconds, the ball ran to them so there was no advantage........play on said Mr Cockmunchingskatbathingchildshagger.

Good game.

Very annoyed with a point. We were cruising to the easiest 3 points in a long long time. For the first 35 minutes were were great to watch with nice spells of play here and there.

But not for the first time this season we p*** about with it in defence instead of getting rid and look what it brings us.

Pardew and Carver well done for the subs :thup:

P.S-Loven dropped for the next game please

We should have been at least two up by the time they scored, which was annoying. The first half at least, every time they had the ball in a decent area it was because of sloppy passes and touches by us.

I need to see the Taylor tackle again because most around me thought it was harsh (albeit stupid). From that point on it was a decent point; Bolton have some good players and are a decent team.

Guest EastEndGeordie

At then end of the day, they beat us 5-1 earlier in the season, they're higher than us in the league.

So i suppose league standings wise a point is good considering 35 minutes with 10 men :/

Looking stats wise it was a good result, but TBH the finishing was abysymal and for the first half we should've really been at least two up, it wasn't so much a bad result, just that we deserved more (and Rtaylor didn't help matters).

RT needs to have a word, silly mistake that cost us 3 points.

Everyone worked their bollocks off. Jose quality going forward, although was caused problems at the back. Colo top class. Best worked his ass off. Tiote dominates the middle. Shouldnt have took Jonas off. Not much more too say. Happy with a point. Need to be Everton.

We should have been at least two up by the time they scored, which was annoying. The first half at least, every time they had the ball in a decent area it was because of sloppy passes and touches by us.

I need to see the Taylor tackle again because most around me thought it was harsh (albeit stupid). From that point on it was a decent point; Bolton have some good players and are a decent team.

Aye, this seems to have been largely ignored. They play some decent stuff at times - a neat series of passes between three or four of their players up their left sideline sticks out in particular as being representative of that.

Some of the disappointment of another draw has subsided (especially when a NUFC win looked so comfortably achievable at spells during the first half) I feel less aggrieved because Bolton are a good side. Not as good us, but a good side.