Ashley Cole in a bit of bother apparantly

Guest Wally_McFool

Why the fuck does anyone take a air rifle to a training ground for in the first place ,anyways he may get a custodial sentence and he could be called Cole Hand Luke     :-[                                                         

Taxi for Biggs  O0

Someone (no idea who -- it was on a busy street in London) once shot me with an air rifle. The pellet hit one side of the bridge of my nose, about a centimetre from my left eye. As I can't see properly out of my right eye, I was that far away from being effectively blinded. Shook me right up.

OK, so these things are usually fairly harmless (another time, some kid in Newcastle shot at me from over the road, and the pellet just pinged ineffectually off the sleeve of my denim jacket) but the right/wrong shot can cause serious damage.

Someone (no idea who -- it was on a busy street in London) once shot me with an air rifle. The pellet hit one side of the bridge of my nose, about a centimetre from my left eye. As I can't see properly out of my right eye, I was that far away from being effectively blinded. Shook me right up.

OK, so these things are usually fairly harmless (another time, some kid in Newcastle shot at me from over the road, and the pellet just pinged ineffectually off the sleeve of my denim jacket) but the right/wrong shot can cause serious damage.

Fucking hell man, that's some serious shit.

Did you ever report it and/or get the bastard.

Guest Stephen927

The interesting thing about this is, even though it was the work experience lad who got shot, it was Drogba who fell to the floor.

End of the day, most of the cheaper rifles are nowhere near as powerful as the serious hunters air rifle, I bought my son a rifle for plinking in the back garden, which fires at 6ft/lbs and that cost me £35, Fine for short range target practice at my local gun club or in our back garden.

That being said, if it did hit someone in the wrong place e.g. eye, temple, left bollock, it would do some damage, anywhere fleshy on the body would leave no more than a bruise.

Now, the rifle pictured in the Arsely Cole story is an Air Arms S410 (£550), firing at around 11.5ft/lbs, which as I stated in a previous post is more than capable of killing a bunny at 150ft, and specifically designed for intermediate level target shooting.

Now I love my hunting, and it's stupid pricks like this cunt who ruin it for the people who genuinely shoot as a hobby rather than arsing about. I can't understand why the police are saying they may look into this incident, as if it was a member of the public, it would be classed as a firearms offense aswell as ABH.

Also, the following laws would apply;

Carrying a loaded Air-weapon in a public place 6 months imprisonment and / or £5,000 fine.

Threatening others with an air weapon (even if unloaded) to cause them to fear unlawful violence 10 years imprisonment and / or appropriate fine.

Fucking hell man, that's some serious shit.

Did you ever report it and/or get the bastard.

No. I mean, report who? It was a busy shopping street. I had just locked up the record shop where I worked at the time and turned away from the door. A bus was going past at the time and I reckon the shooter was probably on the top deck of that. I didn't know what had happened at first. It hit me with the force of a stone flung hard, but there was none of the weight of a stone, or any noise or feel of one dropping to the ground or clattering away after impact. It was only when I reached the pub on the corner and looked at my reflection in the toilet mirror, seeing this small airgun-pellet sized mark near the corner of my eye, that I realized what must have happened.

As for the other incident, I was but a lad, alone, and the guys with the airgun were bigger than me. I ran for it. Never thought of going to the police or anything. Street trouble was common.

f***ing hell man, that's some serious s***.

Did you ever report it and/or get the b******.

No. I mean, report who? It was a busy shopping street. I had just locked up the record shop where I worked at the time and turned away from the door. A bus was going past at the time and I reckon the shooter was probably on the top deck of that. I didn't know what had happened at first. It hit me with the force of a stone flung hard, but there was none of the weight of a stone, or any noise or feel of one dropping to the ground or clattering away after impact. It was only when I reached the pub on the corner and looked at my reflection in the toilet mirror, seeing this small airgun-pellet sized mark near the corner of my eye, that I realized what must have happened.

As for the other incident, I was but a lad, alone, and the guys with the airgun were bigger than me. I ran for it. Never thought of going to the police or anything. Street trouble was common.

Some crazy shit that tbw.

End of the day, most of the cheaper rifles are nowhere near as powerful as the serious hunters air rifle, I bought my son a rifle for plinking in the back garden, which fires at 6ft/lbs and that cost me £35, Fine for short range target practice at my local gun club or in our back garden.

That being said, if it did hit someone in the wrong place e.g. eye, temple, left bollock, it would do some damage, anywhere fleshy on the body would leave no more than a bruise.

Now, the rifle pictured in the Arsely Cole story is an Air Arms S410 (£550), firing at around 11.5ft/lbs, which as I stated in a previous post is more than capable of killing a bunny at 150ft, and specifically designed for intermediate level target shooting.

Now I love my hunting, and it's stupid pricks like this cunt who ruin it for the people who genuinely shoot as a hobby rather than arsing about. I can't understand why the police are saying they may look into this incident, as if it was a member of the public, it would be classed as a firearms offense aswell as ABH.

Also, the following laws would apply;

Carrying a loaded Air-weapon in a public place 6 months imprisonment and / or £5,000 fine.

Threatening others with an air weapon (even if unloaded) to cause them to fear unlawful violence 10 years imprisonment and / or appropriate fine.

Interesting. I used to play Airsoft a bit and have been shot in the face with fully-automatic air weapons, but obviously was wearing the proper eye protection.

I can confirm that it hurts, especially if one catches you on the top lip.

TBH bud, the 2 aren't comparable in terms of power, I've played airsoft for the past 8 years or so now, and the weapons in airsoft whether it be an AEG or GBB etc, are designed to be felt, but not to injure. Where-as air weapons are designed to kill. I'm not sure the equations to work out the ft/lbs, but airsoft weapons (based on a 0.2g bb firing at the legal limit of 328fps +5%, equates to about 1 ft/lb, 11 times less than that of an air rifle.

TBH bud, the 2 aren't comparable in terms of power, I've played airsoft for the past 8 years or so now, and the weapons in airsoft whether it be an AEG or GBB etc, are designed to be felt, but not to injure. Where-as air weapons are designed to kill. I'm not sure the equations to work out the ft/lbs, but airsoft weapons (based on a 0.2g bb firing at the legal limit of 328fps +5%, equates to about 1 ft/lb, 11 times less than that of an air rifle.

They aren't designed to kill people though, are they?

TBF I didn't realise the difference in power was that great, it's pretty impressive. I don't play Airsoft very often.

Wasn't having a go or anything btw!

Air rifles could quite easily kill people, but anything firing over 12 ft/lbs, actually requires a firearms license to own. Anything over could quite easily kill, hence the need for a firearms license, but anything under could do damage, but 99% of the time, wouldn't kill a person.

I'm not sure how it's worked out though tbh, even an airsoft single shot bolt action firing at 500 feet per second, compared to a .22 rifle firing at the same feet per second, there's about 10ft/lb difference.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4928/ashleycolemovlow.gif

Awesome!

Cole of Duty!

/Dave pun