KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Some utter cretins in this thread like.

How anyone can side with Ashley/Pardew/Any other untrustworthy cunt over the man who dragged us from the depths of nothingness to a whisker from the title in four years beggars belief - especially when said man was proven to have been correct in everything he did in an employment tribunal.

Pure, unadulterated madness.

especially when said man was proven to have been correct in everything he did in an employment tribunal.

despite the damning evidence against Ashley and co heard by an independent panel - and that independent panel's damning judgement against Ashley and co in KK's favour.

A judgement that confirmed what people suspected of Ashley and co, but also meant that Keegan's decision for the club that 'means so much to him' was to leave it in the lurch and solely in the hands of those people.

To me it's quite ironic how we as a group often complain about being represented in stupid outdated clichés (deluded, would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 etc etc) and yet our own fans roll out the same boring shit about one of the most successful managers in our history over and over again. It's galling enough from the people who probably wouldn't have even heard of Newcastle United if it wasn't for his work here, let alone those from who should know better. I'm not a Geordie and I'm not ashamed to admit that it was Keegan that brought me to this club when I started getting into football as a kid.

There's no problem with disagreeing with how Keegan left us either or both times, but at least come up with something tangible and relevant. He's not untouchable; Sir Bobby wasn't, nobody is. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with him giving an opinion as he did in that interview. Using it as an excuse to call him names and to yet again display such a general lack of respect for him is just sad IMO.

especially when said man was proven to have been correct in everything he did in an employment tribunal.

despite the damning evidence against Ashley and co heard by an independent panel - and that independent panel's damning judgement against Ashley and co in KK's favour.

A judgement that confirmed what people suspected of Ashley and co, but also meant that Keegan's decision for the club that 'means so much to him' was to leave it in the lurch and solely in the hands of those people.

Quite right, he should have fought back. :lol:

To me it's quite ironic how we as a group often complain about being represented in stupid outdated clichés (deluded, would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 etc etc) and yet our own fans roll out the same boring shit about one of the most successful managers in our history over and over again. It's galling enough from the people who probably wouldn't have even heard of Newcastle United if it wasn't for his work here, let alone those from who should know better. I'm not a Geordie and I'm not ashamed to admit that it was Keegan that brought me to this club when I started getting into football as a kid.

There's no problem with disagreeing with how Keegan left us either or both times, but at least come up with something tangible and relevant. He's not untouchable; Sir Bobby wasn't, nobody is. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with him giving an opinion as he did in that interview. Using it as an excuse to call him names and to yet again display such a general lack of respect for him is just sad IMO.

Well put, Dave.

Guest Chubby Jason

To me it's quite ironic how we as a group often complain about being represented in stupid outdated clichés (deluded, would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 etc etc) and yet our own fans roll out the same boring s*** about one of the most successful managers in our history over and over again. It's galling enough from the people who probably wouldn't have even heard of Newcastle United if it wasn't for his work here, let alone those from who should know better. I'm not a Geordie and I'm not ashamed to admit that it was Keegan that brought me to this club when I started getting into football as a kid.

Yes. Too true. It's a travesty some would side with an obese billionaire that has done nothing but run the club into the ground and lie to the supporters from day one ahead of one of our greatest managers of all time.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's a travesty some would side with an obese billionaire

:lol: f***ing hell.

yeah just read that back, I hope to be an obese billionaire one day lol

And stuff his self-respect into the bargain eh?

Seriously, how the f**k could he continue working with people who had lied to him, and left him looking like a lame duck re the sale of Milner?

How the f**k could he continue working for them, knowing there was zero prospect of them selling up and shipping out but EVERY prospect of leaving him looking like an idiot time and time and time again?

Get real.

:clap:

I just don't see why Keegan would say we won't spend any wonga when we've already tried to spend £12m of it.  :undecided:

Yeah, you'd think people regarded the N'Zogbia bid as a complete joke and the transfer had no chance of materialising or something.

I just don't see why Keegan would say we won't spend any wonga when we've already tried to spend £12m of it.  :undecided:

Yeah, you'd think people regarded the N'Zogbia bid as a complete joke and the transfer had no chance of materialising or something.

It was clearly serious.  Ashley is so intent on rebuilding the squad he was willing to give big money to a man that absolutely hates him.

I just don't see why Keegan would say we won't spend any wonga when we've already tried to spend £12m of it.  :undecided:

Idiots with conspiracy theories. They should all be locked up.

It was clearly serious.  Ashley is so intent on rebuilding the squad he was willing to give big money to a man that absolutely hates him.

:lol:

Hmm, I'd never thought of it like that (for good reason like, but I appreciate the angle). :lol:

left him looking like a lame duck [...] leaving him looking like an idiot time and time and time again

Yes, certainly not denying that played a big part in his decision. How his morals would be perceived was more important to him. Even though the truth would have come out anyway, as he had all the cards to make sure it would.

It's a bias acquired from his experience with them.  He can't imagine a manager-owner interaction on the level Pardew and Ashley (apparently (maybe not) ) share.  He can only base his opinions on how Mike will back and treat Alan on how he himself was backed and treated. 

It's understandable, just not necessarily correct.