Is our medical team incompetent?

Punk77
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's those f***ing margins or injuries that is haunting us every time it seems like we're getting the upper hand.  I felt confident that we would win against Bolton. But then Barton was injured. I'm pretty sure with Barton on the pitch, we would have collected all three points. Then I heard Ireland was back, making me believe that Everton would pose no problems at all, especially since they miss both cahill and fellaini. But noo, Ireland is now probably not available for the weekend.

I honestly believe that our medical team must be some inbred incompetent bastards. We've been plagued with injuries for years. Look at eg. Lpool. For many seasons, they've been highly dependent on few players, such as Alonso, Torres, Gerrard etc. They were  not been frequently injured (except Torres lately). I think that's no coincidence. Lpool taught Carroll the dangers of drinking too much alcohol and how this affects his healing progress. Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now taken over a club in Norway. He enforces a tough regime when it comes to alcohol, since it seriously effects the performance on the pitch, and how the body recovers. And it's very likely that he's using the knowledge given by SAF.  Why the hell wasn't Carroll getting this information when he was  with us? Taylor has been away for ages, Barton lost months due to injury. And now Ireland, although not the same injury, they may have failed to take appropriate caution for a player that has been away for a while. There's always a couple of players missing, and I feel that this is not just bad luck. We've had injuries on key players for seasons. Or are we just unlucky?

Whoever did Ireland's medical and said he would be able to play long enough for us to get some use out of his this season needs to be shot. The chances are that we will be in late March or even April before he does get a game for us.

Whoever did Ireland's medical and said he would be able to play long enough for us to get some use out of his this season needs to be shot. The chances are that we will be in late March or even April before he does get a game for us.

Probably the reason we bought him if it's true that we don't start paying his wages before he gets on the field.

Probably the reason we bought him if it's true that we don't start paying his wages before he gets on the field.

Exactly. Putting that agreement in doesn't exactly scream confidence in his fitness like.

When we signed Ireland he was supposed to be a week off playing but that date started getting put back pretty quickly. Fairly predictable that this latest comeback would also go down the swanee.

To be expected, do you think the medical teams at Spurs and Man United are also incompetent?

I'm pretty sure that the medical team at Man U and Liverpool are not that incompetent as ours. AC Milan has for example an own sports science department focusing only on how to prevent and heal injuries. Like us they were plagued with players not being fit or injured. However after opening that department, the injuries dropped significantly. Hell, all players below 30 are considered as youth/prospects, that's no coincidence if you ask me :lol:

Exactly. Putting that agreement in doesn't exactly scream confidence in his fitness like.

Is that fact? I hadn't seen that clause mentioned since he signed. If so, at least we made a contingency plan. More annoyed at the fact we signed such a useless player for us and didn't go fora player with better fitness who would provide a more steady back up. I don't think our injuries have been that OTT. It's just highlighted a lot more when we have such shit back up.

To be expected, do you think the medical teams at Spurs and Man United are also incompetent?

I'm pretty sure that the medical team at Man U and Liverpool are not that incompetent as ours. AC Milan has for example an own sports science department focusing only on how to prevent and heal injuries. Like us they were plagued with players not being fit or injured. However after opening that department, the injuries dropped significantly. Hell, all players below 30 are considered as youth/prospects, that's no coincidence if you ask me :lol:

Is that you fat sam?

Guest toonarmymia

It's those f***ing margins or injuries that is haunting us every time it seems like we're getting the upper hand.  I felt confident that we would win against Bolton. But then Barton was injured. I'm pretty sure with Barton on the pitch, we would have collected all three points. Then I heard Ireland was back, making me believe that Everton would pose no problems at all, especially since they miss both cahill and fellaini. But noo, Ireland is now probably not available for the weekend.

I honestly believe that our medical team must be some inbred incompetent bastards. We've been plagued with injuries for years. Look at eg. Lpool. For many seasons, they've been highly dependent on few players, such as Alonso, Torres, Gerrard etc. They were  not been frequently injured (except Torres lately). I think that's no coincidence. Lpool taught Carroll the dangers of drinking too much alcohol and how this affects his healing progress. Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now taken over a club in Norway. He enforces a tough regime when it comes to alcohol, since it seriously effects the performance on the pitch, and how the body recovers. And it's very likely that he's using the knowledge given by SAF.  Why the hell wasn't Carroll getting this information when he was  with us? Taylor has been away for ages, Barton lost months due to injury. And now Ireland, although not the same injury, they may have failed to take appropriate caution for a player that has been away for a while. There's always a couple of players missing, and I feel that this is not just bad luck. We've had injuries on key players for seasons. Or are we just unlucky?

People arent going to glass themselves in Blu Bambu...

Guest toonarmymia

Same goes for Nolan by the way. I think his diet would have been frowned upon both in Lpool and Scum.

Do go on.

Guinness protein shakes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/01/article-1102512-02E9A4D2000005DC-158_233x459.jpg

Steven Gerrard, just before he chinned the DJ. I assume that's apple juice he's drinking.

Lots of big teams have injury problems and pushed back recovery times. Is Arsenal's medical team crap?

Regarding Nolan, Big Sam ran a pretty science-obsessed outfit at Bolton and he was every bit as "fat" as nowadays. The man's just not a natural athlete.

Lots of big teams have injury problems and pushed back recovery times. Is Arsenal's medical team crap?

Regarding Nolan, Big Sam ran a pretty science-obsessed outfit at Bolton and he was every bit as "fat" as nowadays. The man's just not a natural athlete.

Just big boned!  O0

:lol:

Pards in Jan used to say "Carroll is  possibly a week away" , I thought at the time Pardew meant returning to play for us but with hindsight I think he meant out the door.

Stephen Ireland was a panic buy loan & it looks like it has backfied.

Arsenal have had more injuries than anybody this season (fact) and it's just pure luck, nothing more.

Also have more possession than most team, increasing the likelihood of being tackled.

It's not the medical staff that are the problem, is the threadbare squad.

Arsenal have had more injuries than anybody this season (fact) and it's just pure luck, nothing more.

Also have more possession than most team, increasing the likelihood of being tackled.

It's not the medical staff that are the problem, is the threadbare squad.

Not really threadbare to be fair, it's the biggest squad we've had for a while!