Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

How the hell we managed to not score in the 2nd half, I don't know.

Coleman should have had a hat-trick.

We've consistently been rather un-clinical. We had 3 or 4 situations today where I'd expect the attacking team (us) to score normally, but we cocked up every one. It was quite worrying, but we didn't pay for it today.

Taylor makes exactly the same run on the Arteta shot and the Osman goal.

His booking was laughable, he hacked an Everton player and went down as if he'd been shot to try and get out of it.

Guest Brazilianbob

This home form is now completely unacceptable!  It is relegation form no more no less, and it is certainly no better than our performances under CH.

Guest Roger Kint

This home form is now completely unacceptable!  It is relegation form no more no less, and it is certainly no better than our performances under CH.

Unless we lose the next game it is actually better form than under Hughton.

Guest Brazilianbob

Well that makes it all worthwhile thenassuming this squad is now capable of winning another game this season!  The players are now going into home games accepting we won't win.  If our away form takes the expected dip then we will be in real trouble especially if the injured players , Barton, ireland, Ben Arfa, Enrique, Ranger dont feature for a few gamesor more in the case of Ben Arfa.  I sincerely hope i'm wrong but the tell tale signs are all there.  Pardew has allowed the players to lose their focus by taking about europe rather than actually getting the job done of retaining our EPL status.  Its gonna be fun seeing Carroll crack the goals in for Liverpool!!! but hey much better to have cash in the bank than points on the board eh!

Guest Roger Kint

Well that makes it all worthwhile thenassuming this squad is now capable of winning another game this season!  The players are now going into home games accepting we won't win.

Stopped reading after that bullshit

Guest BooBoo

Presume guthrie wasn't 100% seeing as he started on the bench with simpson in midfield? How can a club with a squad the size of ours justify loaning so many players?

Don't we just have one player out on loan? And one whose consistently shown he can't play at this level?

But we've now reached a stage of the season where it's difficult to compare CH and Pardew. The fixtures are now starting to wear on our squad, which has little depth. The probability of injuries increases with the amount games played. This affects Pardew's results of winning.  When CH was in charge, we did not have so many games under our belt, and consequently we did not have so many injuries. That had an advantage for CH. Besides,  CH benefited from Carroll, which Pardew didn't.l

The question you really need to ask is: Would CH have manged a better track record than Pardew with the same amount of players available. The probable answer is no.

Guest Roger Kint

But we've now reached a stage of the season where it's difficult to compare CH and Pardew. The fixtures are now starting to wear on our squad, which has little depth. The probability of injuries increases with the amount games played. This affects Pardew's results of winning.  When CH was in charge, we did not have so many games under our belt, and consequently we did not have so many injuries. That had an advantage for CH. Besides,  CH benefited from Carroll, which Pardew didn't.l

The question you really need to ask is: Would CH have manged a better track record than Pardew with the same amount of players available. The probable answer is no.

Pardew has most of his home games against the top half teams, Hughton had most against bottom half teams so it was never going to be as simple as saying CH </> AP tbh. The fact we have matched our earlier form against tougher opponents without certain players shows we arent doing too badly though.

Presume guthrie wasn't 100% seeing as he started on the bench with simpson in midfield? How can a club with a squad the size of ours justify loaning so many players?

Don't we just have one player out on loan? And one whose consistently shown he can't play at this level?

Four by my reckoning.

Guest Roger Kint

Four by my reckoning.

Its 6 but only 1 who we could use.

Pardew has most of his home games against the top half teams, Hughton had most against bottom half teams so it was never going to be as simple as saying CH </> AP tbh. The fact we have matched our earlier form against tougher opponents without certain players shows we arent doing too badly though.

Well pointed out. I think we still may manage a european spot. It's a tight run, and we'll have players back soon. And Lpool has a hell of a run in with many tough opponents.

I went to the game convincing myself against my better judgement that we can climb above Liverpool to salvage some pride and justice from another crap year.

I should have known better. I know now from watching this that our squad cannot cope with any key player missing and what is left cannot adapt to Pardews reasonable attempts at formation changes.

What we witnessed yesterday were too many players out of their comfort zone unable to cope with the covering and support roles that the ambitious formation demanded. With some of the players it may be lack of fitness, awareness, ability, or more likely all three to varying degrees but I was left with the overall impression that Pardew is trying in vain to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Survival is now the only thing left for us, That and the satisfaction of knowing we still have the best support in the land. Home form like ours and still 50K there singing in vain in the last 20mns to lift the side.

We deserve so much more.

For a long parts we were not good yesterday. But I agree. We wasn´t that bad. It wasn´t our day. Pardew did mistakes, the players, it was just a crap day.

I think I am the first person to be disappointed because I really wanted us to win. But come on.