Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

The main problem is that Pardew didn't just stunt the players, he forced them out as well. Santon, Mbiwa and Ben Arfa should be key parts of McClaren's new squad.

Bit too lazy and loses the ball too much. Already cost his current team.

I think he will be under some pressure, especially if he had a big say in the McClaren appointment. But that's the case with most scouts, if they keep recommending shit players they will likely get sacked. There again all these summer signings might turn out to be pretty decent.

Surely under pressure at the club now, most of his bigger money signings have failed miserably and so there is massive pressure on this summers signings,particularly Thauvin. Plus he was supposedly  really influential in the McClaren appointment.

The profit on the Cabaye, Debuchy deals has paid for the vast majority of the 'flops' though so it's a fairly moot point.

We'll also make a killing on Sissoko if/when he leaves.

Guest palnese

I think we mostly sign decent players just not for the positions that are a priority.

So far we've signed a much needed striker, a much needed defender and it looks like we're signing a much needed winger.

The only signing we "didn't need" is Wijnaldum.

I'm cool with Carr's work, especially when I glance around and see what other teams typically do in the window.

Swansea do a hell of a job, but really everyone else is very inconsistent and typically have far more busts than we do.

I'm cool with Carr's work, especially when I glance around and see what other teams typically do in the window.

Swansea do a hell of a job, but really everyone else is very inconsistent and typically have far more busts than we do.

What are Swansea's wages like in comparison to turnover and all that shite?  They get some good players in but I'd imagine they're paying them a fair wedge in lieu of fees.

Not saying there's anything wrong with their approach but if they are paying well they'll have to be very careful with it like.

So this is the thing for me ... McClaren has come in and managed to convince the hiercarchy or whatever to buy higher calibre players and it's happening.

I blame Pardew for so many things man. The guy was just an idiot. He was too busy arguing irrelevant points like more locals, more passion, more better DNA, more English that he the whole thing didn't work man.

He didn't know enough about players in other markets to argue convincingly to go for more high profile players that he really believed in. He would have been trying to cover his backside and not wanted any culpability unless he was getting his Darren Bents, James Tomkins and Steve Sidwells.

I still believe we aren't signing all of his "top" targets as we either a) don't want to pay it and/or b) have had Pardew/Carver damage our reputation and c) have no european football

It's primarily A.

Speaking of the spine. We haven't bought enough players for those positions but the ones we have in recent years:

MYM

Mbemba

Colback

Anita

Riviere

For various reasons they aren't good enough or haven't excelled.

In actuality I think Pardew was happy to have Carr buy a bunch of foreginers he could claim he knew nothing about.

Why? Because as soon as things went pear shaped he could just blame them all for their DNA, or for not caring, or for not understanding the area.

Man it was a bunch of nonsense. The guy was a class A conman. Sad times.

What are Swansea's wages like in comparison to turnover and all that shite?  They get some good players in but I'd imagine they're paying them a fair wedge in lieu of fees.

Not saying there's anything wrong with their approach but if they are paying well they'll have to be very careful with it like.

In 2014 it was £63m (64% of turnover) but considering the likes of Ayew and Gomis I'd expect that to have increases significantly.  Also pretty sure some of the signing on fee's they're paying are pretty large as well.

In actuality I think Pardew was happy to have Carr buy a bunch of foreginers he could claim he knew nothing about.

Why? Because as soon as things went pear shaped he could just blame them all for their DNA

I'm not sure he did this but I do think we haven't bought the right type of player often enough.

The DNA lark is funny but a number of the players don't have the right style or nous to work in the PL. Or at least in the style of Pardew. We have a small and weak side. How has that happened?