The worst players in recent club history

Ishmael

Cacapa never recovered from the Portsmouth fiasco, which he was unfairly scapegoated for (though he did play pretty horrendously). He and Faye looked a decent partnership prior to that.

Faye was more that decent.  Ridiculous that we sold him when we did.

He fell out with Keegan.

Didn't know that.  I wonder why...?

Guest BooBoo

... who have suffered an extreme sever career changing injury and suffered mismanagement throughout.

What mismanagement? :lol:

Its highly reported that his attitude was dreadful in his second season and when he did get his chance he turned in a collection of half hearted and incompetent showings.

Cacapa never recovered from the Portsmouth fiasco, which he was unfairly scapegoated for (though he did play pretty horrendously). He and Faye looked a decent partnership prior to that.

He fell out with Keegan.

He refused to come on after halftime against Everton I think, why he did that I haven't got a clue.

Faye was just an Allardyce bum-licker. I was a massive, massive fan of his at the time but there was never going to be any longevity in his time here as soon as Sam went.

However, he and this year's Colo would have been a quality partnership.

Rozehnal was shite and it was a refreshing change to see us get rid of him when we did. He was never going to make it so shipped him out at the first opportunity. Fundamentally he was just too lightweight. Dunno what he's made of his career since.

Guest BooBoo

xsigh

we're going in circles and you're the one doing the steering :lol:

good night!

Aye I'll call it a night too.

Luque in summary: came as a reluctant signing, got injured and then had little motivation to get back into the side. Then he left with the fully deserved tag of El Flop. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

He fell out with Keegan.

He refused to come on after halftime against Everton I think, why he did that I haven't got a clue.

Did Faye not have a big bust up with N'Zogbia?

He fell out with Keegan.

Maybe, I'm sure the halftime story is still true though.

Faye was just an Allardyce bum-licker. I was a massive, massive fan of his at the time but there was never going to be any longevity in his time here as soon as Sam went.

Rozehnal was shite and it was a refreshing change to see us get rid of him when we did. He was never going to make it so shipped him out at the first opportunity. Fundamentally he was just too lightweight. Dunno what he's made of his career since.

Coppa Italia in 09 and probably a French title this season.

He's hardly strung games together though, bit of a journeyman.

He fell out with Keegan.

Aye at Watford iirc.

The title should go to a player who has the added dimension of being a disappointment. I'd rather ignore young players who come through the ranks and aren't quite good enough.

With this is mind, Andreas Andersson must be a contender. He had both a lack of ability and a lack of belief. He seemed embarrassed to be out there.

If you want to go back further, of those who saw him, none will forget the immortal Frank Pingel.

Feast on this load of shit.

Karelse

Ramage Huntington Beharral Babayaro

Brady  Smith  Fumaca  Pattison

A. Anderson  Dalglish

Wright (2nd time), Faye, Robinson, Carr, Hamilton, W.Quinn, Bridges

WINNING

For me it's an easy choice. This is a man that almost bankrupted the club, he was injured most of the time,  didn't originally want to play for us but changed his mind when he saw the salary offered, went straight home after football practice and generally didn't give a damn about the club's destiny. Although Fred and Souness are equally to blame for bringing in this idiot, Owen still is the biggest  mercenary fuck to be associated with this club.

The Luque argument is on again? :lol: lets have another million pages thread about him. i don't think  he should be one of the "worst players in recent club history" because we had some shocking shocking players here over the last few years..Pattison had no football abillity whatsoever and on is last appearence his injured Michel Owen iirc, Smith is pretty much the same, one good game then 10 shit ones. Nicky Butt was like play with 10 men, i think that if we play Sol Campbell for two more games he will becomet he undisputed champion of this thread.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I really liked Faye.

Never seen Smith have a good game...far too anonymous for that. Complete passenger. He's been a name I've dreaded appearing on any team sheet that comes out, more so than any player in recent history.

did allright in the Championship for alot of games..

Never seen Smith have a good game...far too anonymous for that. Complete passenger. He's been a name I've dreaded appearing on any team sheet that comes out, more so than any player in recent history.

Myth. Didn't look half as exposed as he did in them prem is about as positive as I could take from that. Always a weak link imo

He had a good game against Arsenal once.

Myth. Didn't look half as exposed as he did in them prem is about as positive as I could take from that. Always a weak link imo

I tought he was a good asset in the championship. Could probably do a job there still. Not for us.