Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest optimistic nit

villa play west ham away the game after us, so they'll be dying to put some breathing space between them. really hope we trash the cunts.

No offence to brummie, but after the stories I heard about the shit sent our way on relegation day, I hope we fucking shit on these.

Absolutely shocking a few tales I've been told...I reckon there could be a bit of bother too.

Guest toonlass

I was at the game and the way the Villa fans acted was unbelievable. You would have expected that kind of reaction from the mackems but from a team at the other end of the country? There was a photographer who was taunting us trying to get an angry reaction in a photograph, so he could probably sell it as "Geordies angry at the result".  For the main, we remained dignified, singing and chanting and I saw one lad crying and immediately told him to man up.

After the game we had camera's shoved in our faces. Sky Sports News shoved a camera in one lad's face in front of me, and asked him how he felt, to which he got hold of the cable of the camera, pulled it out and told the camera-man to fuck off, at which point the camera man pushed the lad, who fell onto me and knocked me down. The police had to tell the camera-man to back off.

We went back to where the coaches were parked and watched Villa fans throw things like traffic cones, bricks and bits of rubble over the fence. Then as we were driving out of Birmingham Villa fans were lined up waving, sticking their fingers up and making "wanker" signs at us.

Like I said, I would have expected that kind of crap from the mackems or the smoggies but not a team with no connections to us.

No offence to brummie, but after the stories I heard about the shit sent our way on relegation day, I hope we fucking shit on these.

Absolutely shocking a few tales I've been told...I reckon there could be a bit of bother too.

My experience was they were so happy they could almost explode in the ground, huge grins, wanker signs, bedsheets, banners, party atmosphere, crying motions, songs, then walking with them outside the ground without stewards, coppers and barriers between us it was all "Unlucky lads, hope you come back up."

So I have no shame at hoping we tonk them and can reprise songs from earlier in the season like "You're not laughing any more", "Where's your fucking bedsheets now", "Hope goal difference sends you down" with the handy addition of "Ireland was right, Birmingham's shite."

Maybe a friendly reminder of this year's very open relegation battle in the form of "You're going down with whoever"

My experience was they were so happy they could almost explode in the ground, huge grins, wanker signs, bedsheets, banners, party atmosphere, crying motions, songs, then walking with them outside the ground without stewards, coppers and barriers between us it was all "Unlucky lads, hope you come back up."

So I have no shame at hoping we tonk them and can reprise songs from earlier in the season like "You're not laughing any more", "Where's your fucking bedsheets now", "Hope goal difference sends you down" with the handy addition of "Ireland was right, Birmingham's shite."

Maybe a friendly reminder of this year's very open relegation battle in the form of "You're going down with whoever"

Admittedly, mines not first hand experience, but second hand.  Someone I know who was there with his son, and afterwards 4/5 villa fans where in their faces shouting "Fuck off you geordie cunts, piss off back to the fucking shit where you belong" is not on.

Neither is any of the songs they sung on that day, or banners, or any of that shit.  And Bluf - totally agree with the SS coverage.  They tried their hardest to find sobbing geordies, out of the whole crowd one person was crying and they picked him out. 

I was proud of our fans that day.

Very little respect for Villa considering there has been zero beef through the years between us, they well and truly jumped on the 'fuck the geordies' bandwagon.

It won't be forgotten.

Thats exactly how i remember it being, Villa fans on the day were complete tossers IMO.  The banners were pathetic and i really couldn't understand why they would make the effort for us, a club with no connection to them.  

Not to worry though, these are the same fans that were saying 6th isn't good enough for them a year or so ago and have had to watch their closest rivals win a cup and enter Europe in front of them this year whilst they battle relegation, complain about their manager and watch a 11 men most of whom look like they don't want to be there. Enjoy the dog fight lads, you really deserve it.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I loved it when we beat them 6-0. At the start of the game they were signing ''going down'' etc etc and I didn't really know what would happen, I fancied us to do ok as I really did see some positives against Man United, when they got their penalty I thought 'here we go' but what followed was truly immense and surprisingly we've had a few more high scoring games at home this season, 5-1,5-0,4-1, it's been mental.

Anyway I hate Villa after relegation day, I never really noticed them before they were always an insignificant, bland club typified by John Gregory when I was a kid and never really got much better in that period. These days I hate the horrible brummie twats. It's borderline racism because the Wolves fans were acting like utter cunts too.

I was there that day n pretty much agree with what's been said, they simply loved taking the piss, our fans were class that day :thup:

Sadly can't see us getting anything from this match though

David fucking Cameron supports them too, thats a good enough reason to want to see them beaten.

He probably supports them as much as Tony Blair supports Newcastle.

True

Although - disturbingly - on paper, he has decent credentials. His uncle was chairman in the 70s.

He's never been spotted there, though, unlike Mervyn King, who really is a proper supporter.

David fucking Cameron supports them too, thats a good enough reason to want to see them beaten.

He probably supports them as much as Tony Blair supports Newcastle.

True

Although - disturbingly - on paper, he has decent credentials. His uncle was chairman in the 70s.

He's never been spotted there, though, unlike Mervyn King, who really is a proper supporter.

So he has interest? What are his expectations like?

http://www.robertjschwalb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dr-evil.jpg

....inflated?