Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Obviously Rooney, Carrick and Ferdinand will score just to drive me insane with conflicting emotions.

"A goal for the whole of England."

I'll be buzzing with national pride when Barry scores tonight too.

Obviously Rooney, Carrick and Ferdinand will score just to drive me insane with conflicting emotions.

The slight difference being you would actually be delighted if Barry scored tonight :lol:

The slight difference being you would actually be delighted if Barry scored tonight :lol:

I'd accept his shitness for one night only. :shifty:

meh write off game, hope for a decent performance and anything points wise is a bonus.

who knows man u on the road have been iffy this season and with hopefully tired legs from 2 tough matchs vs chelsea and city they may slip up, probably not though even if they play shit they'll still probably fluke a result with a goal off rooneys arse

:lol:

Not even remotely comparable.

Why is it not comparable?

Was planning on going to this. Went onto the online ticket office last week, picked out my seat in the Gallowgate East Corner, went to check out and was quoted £42. Went to "clear basket" and logged back out. Wouldn't pay £42 to watch any football match let alone one that's on Sky. I'll be at the Birmingham game though as that same seat is only £25 for that match.

Because we worship our national team while you lot seem to make a point of hating it with a passion, and you're talking about a bunch of English players playing in an English league while I'm talking about the first Korean to play in the Premiership and only the second to have played a significant role at a top European club for any reasonable period of time?

Because we worship our national team while you lot seem to make a point of hating it with a passion, and you're talking about a bunch of English players playing in an English league while I'm talking about the first Korean to play in the Premiership and only the second to have played a significant role at a top European club for any reasonable period of time?

All of which should become irrelevant when he's playing for the side that your team will be up against.

As an aside about the national team, I actively support them, I don't hate them.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: So what?

All of which should become irrelevant when he's playing for the side that your team will be up against.

As an aside about the national team, I actively support them, I don't hate them.

It is different though. I'm sorry I have to say it this way but... ah... I don't expect any of you to be able to understand.

I'm still 100% behind Newcastle of course. Interestingly enough, most of my countrymen would fine this completely inexplicable and borderline treasonous :lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

Was planning on going to this. Went onto the online ticket office last week, picked out my seat in the Gallowgate East Corner, went to check out and was quoted £42. Went to "clear basket" and logged back out. Wouldn't pay £42 to watch any football match let alone one that's on Sky. I'll be at the Birmingham game though as that same seat is only £25 for that match.

Get a students (£34), the people on the turnstiles will be non-the-wiser.  :shifty:

I didn't understand oldtype's outright contempt for the bloke without whom he'd never have heard of Newcastle United either.

Nah, I just continue to get involved in Kevin Keegan arguments because I'm an attention whore and you guys just keep biting.

Get a students (£34), the people on the turnstiles will be non-the-wiser.  :shifty:

Hmmm. Just went back on and tried this and sure enough I can change the ticket to "student" which brings the price down to a slightly more acceptable £34. The £8 saving is my 4 pre match pints in the Bulls but will they not ask for student ID or owt at the turnstile? Must admit usually the turnstile operators don't really seem to give a shit although i've always had an adult ticket since the electronic turnstiles came into operation a few years ago, and there aren't normally any stewards around once you are through the turnstile. Could be worth the risk.

Guest WashyGeordie

Hmmm. Just went back on and tried this and sure enough I can change the ticket to "student" which brings the price down to a slightly more acceptable £34. The £8 saving is my 4 pre match pints in the Bulls but will they not ask for student ID or owt at the turnstile? Must admit usually the turnstile operators don't really seem to give a s*** although i've always had an adult ticket since the electronic turnstiles came into operation a few years ago, and there aren't normally any stewards around once you are through the turnstile. Could be worth the risk.

I don't think they care, try to pick out an old-looking woman or something. When i went in the SE Corner for a cup game (forgot who), a bought a kids and when a went through the turnstiles he said "you don't look like a kid" but still let is through. So it probablies will be worth the risk, and anyway you could be doing a adult course @ Newcastle College for all they know!

Hmmm. Just went back on and tried this and sure enough I can change the ticket to "student" which brings the price down to a slightly more acceptable £34. The £8 saving is my 4 pre match pints in the Bulls but will they not ask for student ID or owt at the turnstile? Must admit usually the turnstile operators don't really seem to give a s*** although i've always had an adult ticket since the electronic turnstiles came into operation a few years ago, and there aren't normally any stewards around once you are through the turnstile. Could be worth the risk.

I don't think they care, try to pick out an old-looking woman or something. When i went in the SE Corner for a cup game (forgot who), a bought a kids and when a went through the turnstiles he said "you don't look like a kid" but still let is through. So it probablies will be worth the risk, and anyway you could be doing a adult course @ Newcastle College for all they know!

I've bought it now. £34. I'm only 32 and could probably pass for late 20's so hopefully there'll be no problem with me looking too old. Putting myself in the turnstile operators shoes I couldn't be arsed holding up a big queue of people to check if someone has a student ID or not and if they do say owt i'll just say I haven't got anything on me but I had to prove I was a student when I bought the ticket at the ticket office a week earlier.