Player Sales/Summer Spending 2011

Colocho

How would you spend the money we've raised from the sales of Carroll, Enrique (potentially) and any players that we'll be looking to let go this summer?

There are players like Xisco, Campbell, Lovenkrands and Perch, who we'd ideally replace. If we could shed these four the wage bill would be reduced by around £80k a week or £4.1m a year - would that be fair to say? Ideally Smith would go as well but with his £50k a week wages I can't see him being an attractive prospect to many clubs ...

Ideally we'd generate at least £5m from the sales of these four players and reduce the wage bill by around £4.1m a year.

Let's assume we sell Enrique for £10 million, and in the same process also reduce the wage bill by £1.8m a year (£35k a week is a conservative estimate, imo).

We'll also have £40k a week freed from Carroll and Kuqi leaving the club = £2m a year

We have the £30 million from the Carroll sale ready to spend.

So, ideally from players sales in 2011, we'd have raised around £45 million.

And in the process, we would have also reduced the wage bill by around 8 million a year.

Which would give us just over £53 million to spend on transfers, signing on fees and (for argument's sake) money to pay the first year of any new signing's contract.

How would you spend it?

Does it matter? I am sure Ashley is not going to spend/invest the Money in a way any of us will be happy with, its early days yet and I can see more than Jose going.. ANY offers come in for our BIG earners he will sell them in a heart beat.

We could end up with £80m from sales but you can bet that won't all go on new signings and their wages.

Does it matter? I am sure Ashley is not going to spend/invest the Monet in a way any of us will be happy with, its early days yet and I can see more than Jose going.. ANY offers come in for our BIG earners he will sell them in a heart beat.

We could end up with £80m from sales but you can bet that won't all go on new signings and their wages.

:laugh:

Does it matter? I am sure Ashley is not going to spend/invest the Monet in a way any of us will be happy with, its early days yet and I can see more than Jose going.. ANY offers come in for our BIG earners he will sell them in a heart beat.

so thats what he's doing with the cash, investing in art.

monet on the wing, nice touch of colour from the master, ball into  picasso, poor control as if it came off a point, dali picks it up , oh so much time as if it was bending and nicely tucked away a rodin bronze.

Once he flogs Colo, Jose, Jonas, Taylor, Guthrie & Krul or Forster.. cunt will cash in if offers are made.

(oh no I hit the T key next to the Y key DOH!)

Does it matter? I am sure Ashley is not going to spend/invest the Money in a way any of us will be happy with, its early days yet and I can see more than Jose going.. ANY offers come in for our BIG earners he will sell them in a heart beat.

Are you serious? :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

I would say £10M - £15M is realistic for us to spend in the summer. The 'Carroll money' will be invested in the team = transfers, contract, staff, youth... But probably during 3-5 years.

I'd spent £35m on two strikers, and whatever we make off the s*** going out spend elsewhere.

I'd go all in on strikers as well, get Routledge back. Loan Nile out. If we don't find strikers for that kind of money, Id buy one and then go for another CB.

I'd spent £35m on two strikers, and whatever we make off the shit going out spend elsewhere.

I reckon we could sign El-Arabi and Gameiro for a total of £30 million.

Whether they'd join us however ...

I'd spent £35m on two strikers, and whatever we make off the shit going out spend elsewhere.

I reckon we could sign El-Arabi and Gameiro for a total of £30 million.

Whether they'd join us however ...

Wickham Gervinho for me, you could probably get Gameiro as well all in for £35m.

That alone and keep what weve got would see us challenging for Europe. IMO.

We wont be spending 53 million quid this summer, not a chance in hell!

we will, bearing in mind we already pay that in wages and according to some we are going to pay the wages all in one go.

We wont be spending 53 million quid this summer, not a chance in hell!

we will, bearing in mind we already pay that in wages and according to some we are going to pay the wages all in one go.

Never said that. It's just a few months ago, Pardew said that the money received from selling Carroll would contribute to the signing on fees and contracts of new players.

When you consider £40,000 a week spread over a 4 year contract is around £8 million, £53 million doesn't sound as grand a sum ...