Players calling for cards - acceptable or not?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's fair game.

If an opponent does something which you think is worthy of a booking, of course you should be saying to the referee.

I wonder if you'd said that had your hero not done it this evening. :lol: ;)

Like a lot of things in football it's been taken way overboard by the petty brigade that so many players are part of.

There are times (when challenges are way over the top or when the ref has given a card earlier for a similar incident but not this...) where it's justifiable to ask of the ref why is he not even considering giving a card...

But overall, and the way it's done in the game these days, no, it's not on. And when it's taking the piss should be punished by a yellow itself!

worst of it is there are already rules in the game so the ref can stop it....as usualthough  football has gutless refs who don't apply the rules so it's no surprise to see players take the piss.

It's fair game.

If an opponent does something which you think is worthy of a booking, of course you should be saying to the referee.

I wonder if you'd said that had your hero not done it this evening. :lol: ;)

Don't whinge to get him sent off, man. Fucking classless.

Was just about to post that, disgusting behaviour.

If it was deserving of a red card then it's fair game imo.

Check mate. :)

Just shows how far the modern day footballer has come.

I remember Shearer begging Graham Poll not to send off Ray Parlour in the 3-1 at Highbury in 2001.

At the same time you should never try to stop the referee sending off an opposing player. That's also retarded. Bless Shearer :lol:.