Fat Freds interview on Talksport

ToonTastic

I can believe the bit about having the cheque for Rooney written out for £30 million, especially given Man United only paid £25.6 million for him

He doesn't say that in the interview to be fair. Have a listen.

Apologies, took other peoples quotes as given, would listen but think I'd be tempted to perforate both my ear drums after a couple of mins.

I'd have him back in an instant. Million times better than the buffoon currently at the helm...

I really wouldn't have him back and that is not through having any great love of Ashley I can assure you. It really is amazing how selective people's memories can be when it comes to buffoonery.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Geordie Nation

Owen Youtube Gaf

Newcastle Women are Dogs

Cheap Kit Scandal

Sure they'll be more Freddie moments.

Guest Roger Kint

I can believe the bit about having the cheque for Rooney written out for £30 million, especially given Man United only paid £25.6 million for him

He doesn't say that in the interview to be fair. Have a listen.

Apologies, Keys says 'you had a cheque filled out' and FFS says 'not exactly but the money was there ready'.

I'd have him back in an instant. Million times better than the buffoon currently at the helm...

I really wouldn't have him back and that is not through having any great love of Ashley I can assure you. It really is amazing how selective people's memories can be when it comes to buffoonery.

Beyond word quayside..... People have short memory..... I would have Ashly any day over Fat Fred....

I don't get why we need to rather have one or the other. Can't we agree they're both shitehawks we can do without?

In an ideal world you would probably have neither. But fwiw in the current financial climate I'd rather have the shitehawk who can pay his way than the one who can't and takes money out of the club.

I don't get why we need to rather have one or the other. Can't we agree they're both shitehawks we can do without?

In an ideal world you would probably have neither. But fwiw in the current financial climate I'd rather have the shitehawk who can pay his way than the one who can't and takes money out of the club.

I couldn't agree more if some one have problem with the above statement it is better if he go to a mental hospital.

Just listened to the interview, and amongst the various loads of bullshit, I thought these were the highlights -

1) We would have signed Rooney but for the fact that at the last minute 'the Board' sacked Sir Bob - ie the deal couldn't go ahead without a permanent manager in place.

2) He only sold his shares in the club to Ashley because he was in hospital and powerless to resist.

Guest Wearside

Geordie Nation

Owen Youtube Gaf

Newcastle Women are Dogs

Cheap Kit Scandal

Barcelona of the north

Geordie Nation

Owen Youtube Gaf

Newcastle Women are Dogs

Cheap Kit Scandal

Barcelona of the north

he was right about that one as what he meant was a full on sporting club whcih we did when the rugby,basketball, ice hockey and even motor racing teams were all under the same umbrella....what way did you think he meant it ?

Just listened to the interview, and amongst the various loads of bullshit, I thought these were the highlights -

1) We would have signed Rooney but for the fact that at the last minute 'the Board' sacked Sir Bob - ie the deal couldn't go ahead without a permanent manager in place.

2) He only sold his shares in the club to Ashley because he was in hospital and powerless to resist.

Rooney was playing for Manure two days before Bobby was sacked. The only kernel of truth the fat twat has come out with was we were pretty close to signing Rooney. IMO we would have signed him if this fat bloater hadn't bragged on live TV that we were after him.

Rooney was playing for Manure two days before Bobby was sacked. The only kernel of truth the fat t*** has come out with was we were pretty close to signing Rooney. IMO we would have signed him if this fat bloater hadn't bragged on live TV that we were after him.

Absolutely no chance at all of Newcastle ever signing Rooney.

It was all bluff to make NUFC look good, for Freddy to help out Stretford and his mates at ProActiv and most importantly, for Man Utd to get their man.

Rooney was playing for Manure two days before Bobby was sacked. The only kernel of truth the fat t*** has come out with was we were pretty close to signing Rooney. IMO we would have signed him if this fat bloater hadn't bragged on live TV that we were after him.

It was all bluff to make NUFC look good, for Freddy to help out Stretford and his mates at ProActiv and most importantly, for Man Utd to get their man.

Think this is very likely.

I do think he would have come here had Man U got cold feet on the deal though. Us being interested benefitted everyone at the time though.

Not sure if the right words or not but "newcastle fans have high expectations"  on the issue of revolving door for managers ,Fat boy on the subject other than Sir Bobby the previous managers were having an awful time and the football was shit and its not too much too ask for entertainment .

how would that work, surely had man utd just bid for him even without us the outcome would've been the same ? i'm not even sure parky could come up with something so convoluted.

Rooney himself said he'd have joined us to get away from Moyes had Man Utd not bid for him. I remember at the time as well Fergie saying he wouldn't have bid for him then had we not because he said his transfer activity was done. There's no doubt in my mind it was genuine and were hoping Man Utd weren't going to offer.