'Newcastle Fans United For Plymouth Argyle'

Superior Acuña

Africa has had trillions of dollars of aid given to it for decades.  And what good has it done?  Less than nothing.  Money spent on presidential palaces and weapons used in civil wars.  Oxfam money going on teaching terrorism in Palestine, food aid feeding families of 15 with no hope of ever self-sustaining.  Bob Geldof has done pretty nicely out of Africa too, not to mention the chuggers who earn a fortune feeding off our guilt.

But yeah, fuck Plymouth Argyle.  Fuck english people, carry on pouring our money down the drain that is Africa.  It's not like our money couldn't be wasted any more flagrantly by these 'charities'

Charity starts at home, Plymoth Argyle were magnificent when we got promoted.  How do you donate?

http://a.fsdn.com/con/icons/tr/[email protected]/problem.png

Nothing against Plymouth Argyle, but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to donate their hard earned cash to a commercial organisation like a football club, when it could go to any other more worthy causes, cancer, Africa etc. If they are that badly off anyway, peoples cash would more than likely end up paying off creditors ie the taxman, footballers wages, outstanding transfer fees.

Cancer and Africa don't have an advert with Paul Whitehouse in it.

That's a fair old smoke innit.

Should I stop donating my old clothes to Africa because I'll never clothe them all? Or stop donating money to Africa because that's an on-going thing that will always demand money. People are entitled to donate money where they see fit and those who were at Plymouth and even the likes of me who wernt have the utmost Respect for what they done in our moment of glory and their relegation. Just remember what Newcastle means to us, it's more than just the players and the managers and the s**** puma kits,  it's life for many which may sound canny sad but it's true, same applies to Plymouth I imagine

Of course they are and I wouldnt dream of "judging" anyone for giving their money to Plymouth Argyle. I would however suggest that the donating £10 in reality wont help keep them afloat and will go directly to creditors whereas £10 to Africa etc. will positively contribute towards buying a textbook for a school, digging a well etc. I think if people respect them for their actions when we won the league and want to help them from a footballing perspective, their donation would be a lot more beneficial if they were to purchase, for example, an "AFC Plymouth" shirt to help them set up their new club if such a hypothetical opportunity were to materialise.

Fair play to anyone who does donate obviously although I'd imagine it would be a waste.

Should I stop donating my old clothes to Africa because I'll never clothe them all? Or stop donating money to Africa because that's an on-going thing that will always demand money. People are entitled to donate money where they see fit and those who were at Plymouth and even the likes of me who wernt have the utmost Respect for what they done in our moment of glory and their relegation. Just remember what Newcastle means to us, it's more than just the players and the managers and the s**** puma kits,  it's life for many which may sound canny sad but it's true, same applies to Plymouth I imagine

Of course they are and I wouldnt dream of "judging" anyone for giving their money to Plymouth Argyle. I would however suggest that the donating £10 in reality wont help keep them afloat and will go directly to creditors whereas £10 to Africa etc. will positively contribute towards buying a textbook for a school, digging a well etc. I think if people respect them for their actions when we won the league and want to help them from a footballing perspective, their donation would be a lot more beneficial if they were to purchase, for example, an "AFC Plymouth" shirt to help them set up their new club if such a hypothetical opportunity were to materialise.

Fair play to anyone who does donate obviously although I'd imagine it would be a waste.

Awww, bless your little heart, you actually believe that.

How adorable.

Should I stop donating my old clothes to Africa because I'll never clothe them all? Or stop donating money to Africa because that's an on-going thing that will always demand money. People are entitled to donate money where they see fit and those who were at Plymouth and even the likes of me who wernt have the utmost Respect for what they done in our moment of glory and their relegation. Just remember what Newcastle means to us, it's more than just the players and the managers and the s**** puma kits,  it's life for many which may sound canny sad but it's true, same applies to Plymouth I imagine

Awww, bless your little heart, you actually believe that.

How adorable.

The problem isn't that he's naive. The problem is that you're a moron.

Well I already donate to Africa so can I now go ahead and send them some money please? In all fairness I understand what your saying it just seems a travesty to watch them falling apart when maybe a donation could go a little way to helping the fans

Bit of a daft argument from everyone, really. If I give £10 to a cancer charity, does that make me a cunt for not giving a further £10 to one for cot deaths, one for heart problems, one for those who require full time care, etc? Of course it doesn't. If you gave to every single charity in the country you'd be completely skint.

People can give to whatever charity they like, depending on whether they feel it merits their contribution. Having a go at people for justifying which charities they feel are worth it/not worth it (even though I disagree with the Africa stuff that's been said) is silly.

Africa has had trillions of dollars of aid given to it for decades.  And what good has it done?  Less than nothing.  Money spent on presidential palaces and weapons used in civil wars.  Oxfam money going on teaching terrorism in Palestine, food aid feeding families of 15 with no hope of ever self-sustaining.  Bob Geldof has done pretty nicely out of Africa too, not to mention the chuggers who earn a fortune feeding off our guilt.

But yeah, fuck Plymouth Argyle.  Fuck english people, carry on pouring our money down the drain that is Africa.  It's not like our money couldn't be wasted any more flagrantly by these 'charities'

Charity starts at home, Plymoth Argyle were magnificent when we got promoted.  How do you donate?

Fucking hell.

On another note, I know the people who are running this. Great to see Newcastle fans taking such an initiative.

Bit of a daft argument from everyone, really. If I give £10 to a cancer charity, does that make me a cunt for not giving a further £10 to one for cot deaths, one for heart problems, one for those who require full time care, etc? Of course it doesn't. If you gave to every single charity in the country you'd be completely skint.

People can give to whatever charity they like, depending on whether they feel it merits their contribution. Having a go at people for justifying which charities they feel are worth it/not worth it (even though I disagree with the Africa stuff that's been said) is silly.

Agree completely with that. I just found the ill-informed little Englander cynicism about aid to Africa more than a bit pathetic.

• 3 months later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's a shame. Don't know the ins and outs behind them, but have nothing but good things to say about the way they let us celebrate promotion while they, essentially, took the first steps towards administration.

• 4 weeks later...

1-1-11 for Plymouth now, sad sad story, will never forget that night when they got relegated and still played our songs at their own ground...

Aye, a bit crazy to think 26 months ago we were about to start the season in the same league as them, now there's 89 places between us.

• 4 weeks later...