Chelsea vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread (15/05/2011 - 1.30pm, live on Sky)

Anderson

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm probably wrong, but didn't we play Donaldson in CM in a few pre-season games this year?

I'm really struggling to imagine the team we'll put out for this game, the best I can think of will include Ranger, Ameobi and Lovenkrands starting in a 4-3-3 formation, but again the CM is still a weak link as we only seem to have 1 match fit CM.

He played in CM against Accrington. Looked like a generic grafter.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What was the lineup when we lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge a few years ago with a Shevchenko scrambled goal near the end?

Something like:

Given

Carr Ramage Huntington Babayaro

Cant remember

Martins Rossi

Sibierski played iirc.

What was the lineup when we lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge a few years ago with a Shevchenko scrambled goal near the end?

Something like:

Given

Cant remember

Martins Rossi

Think you've dreamt that one up, like. Don't remember Sheva scoring.

Be amazed if Richardson plays,  due to the clampdown on watching the reserves with them played behind closed doors and stuff i haven't seen much of him but on the 3 or 4 games i have seen i think he miles off a premier league footballer, he didn't even stand out against Blyth on Wednesday.  I presume with the experience Donaldson has got playing at Hartlepool he'd be more likely to play than Richardson.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Something like:

Given

Cant remember

Martins Rossi

Think it was Drogba. But Shevchenko started (or was it off the bench?)

Something like:

Given

Cant remember

Martins Rossi

My mistake

Newcastle: Given, Huntington, Ramage, Taylor, Babayaro, Rossi, Butt, N'Zogbia (Pattison 44), Milner, Sibierski (Luque 78), Martins.

It was drogba who scored in the 74th minute.

Still though, thats a pretty shocking lineup and it took them that long to score past that shower of shite!

Be amazed if Richardson plays,  due to the clampdown on watching the reserves with them played behind closed doors and stuff i haven't seen much of him but on the 3 or 4 games i have seen i think he miles off a premier league footballer, he didn't even stand out against Blyth on Wednesday.  I presume with the experience Donaldson has got playing at Hartlepool he'd be more likely to play than Richardson.

Pardew bums the lad though. Either he really rates him or he's wiring Alan's house up after training.

Given

Huntington

Ramage

Taylor

Babayaro

Rossi

Butt

N'Zogbia

Milner

Sibierski

Martins

subs  Pattison for N'Zogbia (44)

Luque for Sibierski (78)

this was the team last time we lost 1-0,  Drogba got the goal though not Shevchenko

Pardew bums the lad though. Either he really rates him or he's wiring Alan's house up after training.

yeah i know Beardsley likes him as well,  maybe Richardson bumming the pair of them!

I can remember being vaguely impressed by Paul Huntington (and his hairstyle) when he came through. He scored against Spurs and then immediately went to s***.

we could accommodate a couple of young un's.  Just looks like we tried to play (admittedly due to injuries) too many together.

I can remember being vaguely impressed by Paul Huntington (and his hairstyle) when he came through. He scored against Spurs and then immediately went to shit.

Always seemed more focused on tucking his shirt half so he looked cool rather than the match at hand.

I can remember being vaguely impressed by Paul Huntington (and his hairstyle) when he came through. He scored against Spurs and then immediately went to shit.

Always seemed more focused on tucking his shirt half so he looked cool rather than the match at hand.

If you've heard me complain about Steven Taylor using the waistband of his shorts as a makeshift bra you'd understand why I was never too concerned about this part of Huntington's game.

Krul

Simpson  Tayls  Colo  Enrique

R.Taylor                                            Jonas

Ferguson

Barton                                                      Loven

Ameobi

Krul

R.Taylor                                             Jonas

Ferguson

Ameobi

At least you block off their wide players.

Krul

|__NUFC team bus _____ ___\

|_________________ |_| ___|

|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)_\

Krul

R.Taylor                                             Jonas

Ferguson

Ameobi

At least you block off their wide players.

Lampard? :bluestar:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

R.Taylor  Barton  Richardson  Ferguson

Ranger  Ameobi

I'd plump for the above seeing as we're pretty fucking bare bones right now, but obviously Lovenkrands will be shoehorned in there somewhere.

Jonas??????????? he's played every game this season no way will he not play.