Chelsea vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread (15/05/2011 - 1.30pm, live on Sky)

Anderson

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Smiths fit :coolsmiley:. Tbh we we're going to get beat anyway an at least this way Tiote wont be banned for next season :lol:

He'll probably be on the bench. Fuck sake man. Smith :lol:

FORGOTTEN midfielder Alan Smith is set to feature in the final two matches of the Premier League season after returning to full training with Newcastle yesterday.

Smith has been sidelined since shattering his ankle in a challenge with Sunderland's Kieran Richardson during January's Wear-Tyne derby at the Stadium of Light.

At the time, it was feared the 30-year-old would miss the remainder of the season, but he has battled his way back to full shitness ahead of schedule.

He trained yesterday, along with fellow injury victim Kazenga LuaLua, and could be involved in either this weekend's away game at Chelsea or next weekend's final home game with West Brom.

Cheik Tiote will pick up a three-match ban, which can be carried over to the start of next season, if he is booked in either game, and the Ivorian's absence would open a window of opportunity for Smith.

The Yorkshireman, who has one more year of his current contract remaining, will then be given the rest of the summer to build up his shitness ahead of the start of pre-season training in July.

"I was at the club (yesterday) because Alan and Kazenga made a little bit of a comeback in training," said assistant manager John Carver.

"Both of them joined in and Alan did everything that was asked of him, including playing in an 11 vs 11 game which was excellent.

"Alan looks in absolutely fantastic condition, but then that doesn't surprise me because he's such a good professional. He's been out injured, but he's certainly not let his shitness levels drop."

Prior to sustaining his injury at the turn of the year, Smith had been struggling to claim a place in Newcastle's starting line-up.

Tiote, Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan are all ahead of him in the midfield pecking order, with Danny Guthrie also having appeared in more first-team matches this season.

However, Carver insists the former England international is more than capable of making a telling contribution next term.

"Alan is a good player, and his general approach is just as impressive," he said. "He really looks after himself.

"I have come across players before who, when they're out injured, it takes them longer than it should to come back because they don't take care of themselves, but that isn't Alan.

"He doesn't drink, which is a good start. He is one of these lads who is determined to come back as soon as possible and because he is like that, he'll no doubt be thinking to himself he wants to play again this season."

:bluestar:

Please tell me that's a genuine unedited article :lol: :lol:

It's a genuine unedited article.

It's not really I just don't want to disappoint you.

On a more serious note, this is what happens when you have a revolving door of management that are prone to making the same old mistakes - their inability to suss this useless lump a case in point

What can any manager do with him even if they did suss him? He's on a contract that pays more than any other club would give him so why would he leave? All you can do is put up with him and try and get something back for the wages he is paid until his contract ends. And there is no point in saying anything other than positive things in the press about him either, what's the point in a manager saying he's sh*t and overpaid?

On a more serious note, this is what happens when you have a revolving door of management that are prone to making the same old mistakes - their inability to suss this useless lump a case in point

It still amuses me that folk expect managers to slate players in the press. Do you really think he'd be getting a game if Tiote wasn't on the verge of a ban/Guthrie wasn't crocked.

They trusted Joe Kinnear enough to give Shola Ameobi a three-year contract extension, and Nicky Butt an extension as well.

And people wonder why they're hated. :lol:

What can any manager do with him even if they did suss him? He's on a contract that pays more than any other club would give him so why would he leave? All you can do is put up with him and try and get something back for the wages he is paid until his contract ends. And there is no point in saying anything other than positive things in the press about him either, what's the point in a manager saying he's sh*t and overpaid?

It's happened before when better have been available and when did I ever say I expect them to come out and say their shit? Say what they like, just don't play the useless sod. Nice lad I'm sure but he should be nowhere near the starting eleven. He gets paid a kings ransom and he's shit...that's the clubs fault. Anyone who would like a winning football team wouldn't entertain the idea. One of kids would be more effective over Smith; I'm sure of it. Maybe the politics of it is that Pardew's hand is forced by contractual stuff... I don't know. You make a good point but from a pure footballing perspective it's simple to me imo.

Nolan not playing isn't really a problem at Chelsea because its those games where he becomes a passenger. Obviously Tiote will be hugely missed. Has it been confirmed if Routledge can play?

Unfortunately, I don't think theres an alternative to Barton playing in the centre. Personally, I'd love to see Ferguson get a game.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor    Coloccini    Enrique

Routledge    Barton    Smith      Jonas

Ameobi    Lovenkrands

BENCH: Harper, Tavernier, R Taylor, Ferguson, Tiote, Ranger, Kuqi

I'd give some of the kids a go and play an overly-ambitious diamond midfield formation of:

Tavernier

Barton                  Ferguson

Jonas   

Krul

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Ranger R.Taylor Barton Gutierrez

Ameobi Lovenkrands

:lol:

Playing all our shit players worked in September! :lol: