Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/05/11 - post match reaction from page 30

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Its always fun to get a last minute equaliser. Chelsea were poor and we were scrappy at times I thought but our work-rate, desire and confidence was spot on and we more than deserved the point. I was impressed with our work-rate, high pressing and pinching of the ball play. The youngster all showed promise too, especially Ferguson who looks like he has a good first touch, lots of pace and a bit of awareness about him. Looks like a timid littel boy but plays with heart.

Very surprised by your lot today. When they bundled one in within 2 minutes I think everyone - quite reasonably - thought it'd be a comprehensive 3 or 4-0 job. But although Chelsea were turgid for the most part, you made it very hard for them and put together some good moves yourself. Would have been very harsh not to get something.

Enrique, Colo and Jonas we're all great today, especially given Jonas' 'new role'. Its performances like that, with all 3 performing well and linking up with each other that reminds me why it is actually really important Jose stays. That triangle on the left is brilliant.

The Ben Arfa slot.

Very surprised by your lot today. When they bundled one in within 2 minutes I think everyone - quite reasonably - thought it'd be a comprehensive 3 or 4-0 job. But although Chelsea were turgid for the most part, you made it very hard for them and put together some good moves yourself. Would have been very harsh not to get something.

I thought the floodgates were about to open after the first goal TBH, I had thought that before the start as well mind.

When they scored their second I was gutted because it was clear that we deserved something from the game. Very pleased with how we performed generally, especially considering the players we were missing.

It was hilarious when they brought Drogba, Essien and Malouda on and we had Sameobi, Lua Lua and Ranger waiting on the bench!

Was at this and it was fucking class. :lol:

Their fans were so bad it was unreal.  Absolutely loved it when Sami Ameobi came on to be on the same pitch as Shola, and quick as a flash "There's only 2 Ameobi's".  Then they scored immediately, mind. :lol: And I also quite liked "Shola slept with Cheryl, Shola slept with Cheryl,  lalalala, lalalala".

Taylor is the number 1 player that you want to score in the 92nd minute.  His fist-pumping, Hulk Hogan shit - I just crease up laughing every time.

Don't be too hard on Krul today. He was positive all game coming off his line to clear and whilst he got it wrong for their second goal; every young keeper has to learn. Keep the faith.

Aye, this is basically my view. He's clearly not the finished article and doesn't always look always look assured, but hopefully next season he will be more experienced and stronger again.

Guest palnese

honestly this has been one of my favourite games this season really enjoyed watching it

It was a horrible game.

Was at this and it was f***ing class. :lol:

Their fans were so bad it was unreal.  Absolutely loved it when Sami Ameobi came on to be on the same pitch as Shola, and quick as a flash "There's only 2 Ameobi's".  Then they scored immediately, mind. :lol: And I also quite liked "Shola slept with Cheryl, Shola slept with Cheryl,  lalalala, lalalala".

Taylor is the number 1 player that you want to score in the 92nd minute.  His fist-pumping, Hulk Hogan s*** - I just crease up laughing every time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: