Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Why do our fans love Colback so much? Put on Twitter that I'd rather he left than Abeid and someone quoted me and put "Eh?????", do I watch a different Jack Colback to everyone else?

If you'd rather he left than abeid, then yes, yes you do.

Why do our fans love Colback so much? Put on Twitter that I'd rather he left than Abeid and someone quoted me and put "Eh?????", do I watch a different Jack Colback to everyone else?

Cos he signed for us and wound the mackems up?!?

Seems a real shame, and very unfair, the Abeid never really got given a fair chance after that run of form last season, whereas lerkal lad Jack seems to be the first name on the team-sheet regardless.

Best of luck to the lad, looking forward to watching him in the CL (if they have qualified this year, can't be arsed to check.)

Cos he signed for us and wound the mackems up?!?

Seems a real shame, and very unfair, the Abeid never really got given a fair chance after that run of form last season, whereas lerkal lad Jack seems to be the first name on the team-sheet regardless.

Best of luck to the lad, looking forward to watching him in the CL (if they have qualified this year, can't be arsed to check.)

Got KO'd by Brugge.

I'm not sure he would ever really have been good enough but then I think that of every true CM option we have.  Much like Anita or Dummett, he is liked because of the relative weakness of those around him rather than on individual merit alot of the time. Not bad, just not good enough.

Our CM is shit. Who knows if Mehdi was the answer, but I know for sure that the Anita-Colback partnership isn't. We've got plenty of shit in the squad, how about we get rid of those chumps first?

Because they're our two best players in that position?

Our CM is shit. Who knows if Mehdi was the answer, but I know for sure that the Anita-Colback partnership isn't. We've got plenty of shit in the squad, how about we get rid of those chumps first?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,94962.msg5668347.html#msg5668347

Please refrain from responding to my posts in the future.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,94962.msg5668347.html#msg5668347

Please refrain from responding to my posts in the future.

:anguish:

I wrote a blog post last week criticizing Colback for his overly safe and slow-paced passing and saying that I saw him as a squad player. Multiple people wrote in to tell me that I had no comprehension of the sport.  :jesuswept:

I wrote a blog post last week criticizing Colback for his overly safe and slow-paced passing and saying that I saw him as a squad player. Multiple people wrote in to tell me that I had no comprehension of the sport.  :jesuswept:

did my part

did my part

:aww: Thanks, man!

Those comments were so ridiculous that I literally sat there a couple nights later and tweeted out chart after chart of other 4-2-3-1 midfielders in the same position (Shelvey, Henderson, etc.) to demonstrate that you don't have to be allergic to the final third of the field when playing that position.

I've decided to classify him as a "Box-to-Box Defensive Midfielder", he'll go on random jaunts into the opposition half, looking like a true B2B, but then when in the final third, instead of using pace and power to take someone on / make a chance, he'll whip out his best Scott Parker pirouette, killing any form of momentum in the attack, and leaving all the players around him flatfooted.