Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was supposed to be confirmed tomorrow, July 1?

He's landing in Newcastle at 10.20pm tomorrow (Or was it today? I forgot. Hmm. Nah tomorrow)  :snod: :snod:

Confirmed by the club

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110701/abeid-arrives-in-toon_2281670_2384563

Newcastle United can today confirm the signing of teenage midfielder Mehdi Abeid on a five-year deal.

The 18-year-old arrives from French club Lens, having completed a successful trial at St. James' Park last season.

Abeid has represented France at Under-17 and Under-18 level, and Newcastle reserve team manager Peter Beardsley said: "We are delighted bring Mehdi to the Club.

"He is a bright, young talent and we think he has an exciting future ahead of him.

"After an impressive trial with us earlier in the year, I'm looking forward to working with Medhi and developing his talent."

Just had a heart attack there when I switched SSN on and the Breaking News ticker was saying, "Newcastle United sign...."

Same with me. Last time I watched SSN was when the Marveaux news broke too.

Guest WashyGeordie

Just had a heart attack there when I switched SSN on and the Breaking News ticker was saying, "Newcastle United sign...."

Same  :lol:

6.20am in the mornin is abit sharp from the club/.co.uk like!

The article was probably written ages ago. Mike Ashley just has one of those Wallace and Gromit machines that pop out his toast, slide on his slippers while simultaneously pressing enter on a keyboard.

More French Cheese Derek.

Tell me about it  :lol: those reactions for when your hoping for a massive big name signing. I'm not complaining though

Tell me about it  :lol: those reactions for when your hoping for a massive big name signing. I'm not complaining though

x3...  the fkn idiots slow arsed reporting.