Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Looking great. He's just 18-19 and he plays like he has a lot of experience. I like the way he makes himself available, receives the ball and passes it on quickly and smart. Not like Alan Smith who either passes the ball back where it came from or just blows it up the field without any address on it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Box to box. Won't have the pure steel like Tiote but his technical ability means he could be a very good deep lying midfielder :thup:

Guest Heneage

I'm basing this purely from the highlights compilation his agent had on Youtube, but Abeid really struck me as that kind of central winger type. A bit like Juan Mata in terms of he plays out wide but always cuts inside.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've only seen a couple of minutes of him in friendly highlights but he looks decent, hope to get a proper look on Sunday.

Very excited about his potential. Likely to push for a first team place if he continues to impress in training and with possible injuries.

I tried to find him on FIFA 11, but no luck!  :-[

He's rated 49 for Lens on FIFA 10.

:iamatwat:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Playing for the reserves today, I take it that means he's not gonna be with the full team tomorrow.

Wtf, And Smith for 1st team?  :lol:

We need to sell Smith to Leeds.

I'm guessing he'll still be on the bench. Blackburn played two friendlies in one day the other week and some of their fringe players started one before travelling and coming off the bench in the other. :lol:

Sammy has said he's not playing today for the reserves as he is travelling with the first team. Can't see Abeid (and Ranger) travelling down seperately.