Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

From an interview by ALGERIAFOOT (google translated) :

Question: Mehdi, you are starting this year, so member of the famous English Premier League club, Newcastle United? To another was taken to compensate I guess?

Mehdi Abeid: Yes I have the chance to play for this great English and European club that is Newcastle United. The only English club which has a monopoly in his city. While all other major English cities vibrate for two clubs, the people of Newcastle vibrates only for black and white of Newcastle and it's magic. It really is a great pride for me to sign this club especially since we are not many Algerians to belong to an English Premier League club. Although I worked hard to get there, I do not stop there. I'll still work hard and work twice as hard for me to impose inchallah.

Question: How did you adapt to this great English club?

Mehdi Abeid: I was worried that some adaptation to this new country and the new football where I have to evolve but in the end, the club was so well received and so I did everything to make things easier, that I ' I seem to have always lived here. In addition to arriving at Newcastle I have found that a large part of the staff spoke French, so I helped. Also, I get along with everyone here, so no problem.

Question: And in sport, how it works for you?

Mehdi Abeid: In sports, I did not complain. I am the little kid who just arrived with long teeth. It is up to me to make my place in the sun by working very hard to earn playing time, that's football. But then it just is not bad for me because I'm at the club for only one month and have done one or two bench cup and I am often in the group matches, but the 19th time I tell myself that if I continues to work ... it will necessarily

Question: Do you regret not Rc Lens?

Mehdi Abeid: Honestly, and I say to you without any waffle, I do not regret a single second I left the RC Lens. Even though I had a fabulous year at the training center of the Cleavers, I was stagnating and needed a new challenge to grow more. I am so I must admit a little bitter about the RC Lens, for I have always given everything for blood and gold, with my gut and some people put me sticks in the wheels. But as the saying goes: what does not kill you makes you stronger. Today I was very well received by my new club and I do not want anyone.

Question: What you would want to Mehdi Abeid better for this season 2011/2012?

Mehdi Abeid: I want to make a few first team matches in Newcastle, playing for my country, but also have a good season, regular and work to advance God willing.