Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Best midfield performance I've seen from us in a while. Good fitness and the ability to both break things up and drive forward, something we don't have in any of our midfielders other than Tiote, who's just a mad cunt.

Guest neesy111

Probably worthwhile selling Anita, promoting Abeid, and using the money on more lacking areas of the squad.

I would do that in normal circumstances, don't trust our lot 1 bit to do that.

Even though Abeid did very very well i think it's a bit too early to say that he's miles better than Tioté and Anita.

I won't disagree, but one thing Abeid has over both of them is an ability to score the odd goal (got 10 in Greece last year). He deserves a chance imo.

Probably worthwhile selling Anita, promoting Abeid, and using the money on more lacking areas of the squad.

More chance of my arse hole sealing up, than the money being used on the squad nevermind the lacking areas.

Even though Abeid did very very well i think it's a bit too early to say that he's miles better than Tioté and Anita.

I won't disagree, but one thing Abeid has over both of them is an ability to score the odd goal (got 10 in Greece last year). He deserves a chance imo.

I doubt he'll ever get the chance to play high enough up the pitch to score goals under Pardew, but what was impressive for me was how quick he was to press players and close them down. Colback is quite a tidy player when he's on the ball but that's something he can't always do because he just isn't athletic enough to stay with players on the run. Abeid and Tiote have the legs to stay with runners and that makes them far more effective defensively.

Has to play on league games too. He's good on the ball and also very physical and good at breaking things up. Play him next to Tiote and he could play in a more advanced role and get into some scoring positions. Maybe then we could get some goals from our midfielders.

Signing Colback to be an everyday starter is just crazy and holding us down. Obviously someone could just bench him but that's not going to happen.

Play one of Anita, Tiote, Abeid and Colback next to Sissoko in the central midfield spots.

Or a central 3 with Sissoko/Tiote/Abeid maybe.

We may as well give the lad a chance, but Sissoko also has to play central, and I do think that Tiote offers us some welcome backbone in some games.

Play one of Anita, Tiote, Abeid and Colback next to Sissoko in the central midfield spots.

No reason why we shouldn't have 3 central spots available, Sissoko and 2 of the others.

You're like 40 seconds too late mate, in your fizzace.

Mine was more succinct.

No reason why we shouldn't have 3 central spots available, Sissoko and 2 of the others.

You're like 40 seconds too late mate, in your fizzace.

Mine was more succinct.

Fair point, in my face.