Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Just to stick up for Bigi a bit as he's getting a Pardewing, I'll quote my post from the Bigi thread dated 7th May 2014, where I also mention Abeid.

If it's a case we've opted to give Abeid a chance and they see him as having bigger potential then fair enough.

For all the Pardew hate, he's playing Dummett so there must be something Bigi isn't doing that's making him be overlooked.

Abeid's busy on loan with a team that tries to win things!

The real question is what is Dummett doing to get picked? The same as Gosling and Shola I presume.

After Pardewing Santon and then Haidara in the left back slot (who should probably both be wingers), he decides to put Dummett in for no reason to be seen other than he's a local lad. All three of them can't really defend if we're honest and Pardew goes for the safe option yet again. He's 22 and if he hasn't made it before now he's probably not going to get much better. Is Dummett really the hope of our acadamy talent? Not really, just the epitomy of Pardew's don't want to get beat mentality. He's Steven Taylor with a left foot.

Unfortunately, Bigi, like the rest has been Pardewed. All Bigi probably does is try to play it forward passing on the deck. Or doesn't lick Pardiola's hoop like Gozza. Every time I've seen him play he's seemed alright, especially for someone when you read his story on how short he's been playing football in a professional setup, he seems willing to learn and very level headed.

Left war torn Burundi with his family for the UK in 2004, got a trial at Coventry at 11, got into first team at 17. In that season, his only full professional one, he won the championship apprentice of the year for Coventry when they were relegated. He can't be that bad.

Now consider all that and read this from a Mark Douglas article a few months ago:

The last time I saw Bigirimana was at Morecambe on a light September’s evening, struggling to hold water against League Two opposition. The bright, pleasant and intelligent player who skipped to an interview 12 months before was gone, replaced by a man who seemed to have the world on his shoulders as he trudged to the team coach that night. I didn’t have the heart to ask him for an interview.

Isn't that the journalistic way of saying he's been Pardewed into oblivion? He was always happy and optimistic even after all the hard times he's been through. Shows how hard it must be playing (or in his case not) for Pardew!

Made his debut away at Atromitos in a European qualifier of all games, not a big team but a big match for an 18 year old and looked promising considering his lack of experience, like a mini Tiote for the future.

His prem debut was against Villa 3 days after playing 90 minutes in the second leg 1-0 win over Atromitos, came on in the first half when Simpson got injured. Ben Arfa scraped us to a draw that day with a wonder goal on his right foot I think it was, but Bigi played well I thought. It seems I wasn't alone with our very own Rent-A-Quote Alan Pards Pardew agreeing! (Who of course inspired my username as I intend to drop a few Pardiola Pearls of Wisdom until he is finally sacked!)

"He's (Bigirimana) 18' date=' it's his first top-flight game, we weren't playing well, I took a gamble. But he's paid me back because he was as good as anybody on the pitch."[/quote']

Well he must owe you some coin now Pardew as he's MIA, with Sylvain somewhere probably.

As we all know Pardew's defence that he gives youth a chance is he gave Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana their debuts. Aye Alan, easy when you're in league one to play the kids, especially from a PROPER academy who are taught to pass and move. All he does is talk about his past and use it as proof he does it all the time because he's done something once. What's he done here, youth wise? Persist with Sammy Ameobi, who for me is not up to scratch. Arma is a talent next in line to be Pardewed, like Adam Campbell was/is being.

Poor Campbell, he made his debut in the same game as Bigi...

"It was a great opportunity to put Adam Campbell on the pitch, the youngest player to play for Newcastle. I consciously knew that and I wanted him to have that tag because he has got a great future in front of him.

He's such a lovely lad and a local lad, and it was nice that he had 15 minutes - and had half a chance as well to nick it for us."

Great future? On St. Mirren's Bench? Pardewed!

RE: Abeid. What a game he had on Wednesday night yet he's had hardly any praise. Done ALL of Ryan Taylor's running, most of Colback's too. It says a lot about his potential and character that when it looked like he was out the door he went on loan to another foreign country after coming here at a young age and went and won the Greek cup. But he can still come in when he has and do a job. Him and Bigi are good potential that is nowhere near realised at this club, especially under this manager. They aren't world beaters but they've been criminally mismanaged.

Just to stick up for Bigi a bit as he's getting a Pardewing, I'll quote my post from the Bigi thread dated 7th May 2014, where I also mention Abeid.

If it's a case we've opted to give Abeid a chance and they see him as having bigger potential then fair enough.

For all the Pardew hate, he's playing Dummett so there must be something Bigi isn't doing that's making him be overlooked.

Abeid's busy on loan with a team that tries to win things!

The real question is what is Dummett doing to get picked? The same as Gosling and Shola I presume.

After Pardewing Santon and then Haidara in the left back slot (who should probably both be wingers), he decides to put Dummett in for no reason to be seen other than he's a local lad. All three of them can't really defend if we're honest and Pardew goes for the safe option yet again. He's 22 and if he hasn't made it before now he's probably not going to get much better. Is Dummett really the hope of our acadamy talent? Not really, just the epitomy of Pardew's don't want to get beat mentality. He's Steven Taylor with a left foot.

Unfortunately, Bigi, like the rest has been Pardewed. All Bigi probably does is try to play it forward passing on the deck. Or doesn't lick Pardiola's hoop like Gozza. Every time I've seen him play he's seemed alright, especially for someone when you read his story on how short he's been playing football in a professional setup, he seems willing to learn and very level headed.

Left war torn Burundi with his family for the UK in 2004, got a trial at Coventry at 11, got into first team at 17. In that season, his only full professional one, he won the championship apprentice of the year for Coventry when they were relegated. He can't be that bad.

Now consider all that and read this from a Mark Douglas article a few months ago:

The last time I saw Bigirimana was at Morecambe on a light September’s evening, struggling to hold water against League Two opposition. The bright, pleasant and intelligent player who skipped to an interview 12 months before was gone, replaced by a man who seemed to have the world on his shoulders as he trudged to the team coach that night. I didn’t have the heart to ask him for an interview.

Isn't that the journalistic way of saying he's been Pardewed into oblivion? He was always happy and optimistic even after all the hard times he's been through. Shows how hard it must be playing (or in his case not) for Pardew!

Made his debut away at Atromitos in a European qualifier of all games, not a big team but a big match for an 18 year old and looked promising considering his lack of experience, like a mini Tiote for the future.

His prem debut was against Villa 3 days after playing 90 minutes in the second leg 1-0 win over Atromitos, came on in the first half when Simpson got injured. Ben Arfa scraped us to a draw that day with a wonder goal on his right foot I think it was, but Bigi played well I thought. It seems I wasn't alone with our very own Rent-A-Quote Alan Pards Pardew agreeing! (Who of course inspired my username as I intend to drop a few Pardiola Pearls of Wisdom until he is finally sacked!)

"He's (Bigirimana) 18' date=' it's his first top-flight game, we weren't playing well, I took a gamble. But he's paid me back because he was as good as anybody on the pitch."[/quote']

Well he must owe you some coin now Pardew as he's MIA, with Sylvain somewhere probably.

As we all know Pardew's defence that he gives youth a chance is he gave Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana their debuts. Aye Alan, easy when you're in league one to play the kids, especially from a PROPER academy who are taught to pass and move. All he does is talk about his past and use it as proof he does it all the time because he's done something once. What's he done here, youth wise? Persist with Sammy Ameobi, who for me is not up to scratch. Arma is a talent next in line to be Pardewed, like Adam Campbell was/is being.

Poor Campbell, he made his debut in the same game as Bigi...

"It was a great opportunity to put Adam Campbell on the pitch, the youngest player to play for Newcastle. I consciously knew that and I wanted him to have that tag because he has got a great future in front of him.

He's such a lovely lad and a local lad, and it was nice that he had 15 minutes - and had half a chance as well to nick it for us."

Great future? On St. Mirren's Bench? Pardewed!

RE: Abeid. What a game he had on Wednesday night yet he's had hardly any praise. Done ALL of Ryan Taylor's running, most of Colback's too. It says a lot about his potential and character that when it looked like he was out the door he went on loan to another foreign country after coming here at a young age and went and won the Greek cup. But he can still come in when he has and do a job. Him and Bigi are good potential that is nowhere near realised at this club, especially under this manager. They aren't world beaters but they've been criminally mismanaged.

top post

I think people have genuinely forgotten how good Bigi looked initially, as a teenager for goodness sake. It's not surprising that they have forgotten though, as he's seemingly disappeared off the face of the Earth.

If I was manager I would definitely pick him for 25 games including games against Manchester Utd/City and Arsenal in his first season and then drop him out of the picture for the next 2 seasons.

Bigi looked to have a better passing range at 18 than Tiote had shown tbh.

Aye but he was nowhere near the same level defensively as him though.

Yes - he was 18. He didn't look like a DM to me except the African heritage. You would think with what looked like a good first touch and crisp passing, when he developed physically he could really turn into something very useful.

How Dan GOzza who now sits on the bench in a midtable Championship side got ahead of him in the team is something awful. Even Marveaux got to leave after that fiasco

Guest Rent-A-Quote

There was another article from Douglas where he said one of the coaching staff told him last season that Bigirimana would never make it and when he asked why, they shrugged their shoulders.

That sums up our coaching staff. A rag tag bunch of cheap workers with no clue how to spot talents, or where to improve them. Seeing as mike loves to promote from within, I would make Anita in charge of the academy and put his Ajax schooling to good use. He aint allowed to express it on the pitch  :lol:

Happy he's finally getting a chance. Shame he'll be the scapegoat when we lose.

Yeah nice to see him get game time.

I like a lot of the fringe players (Sammy, Abeid, Aarons, Bigi), and few of the team mainstays (Saylor, Cisse, Colback).