Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Guest axel

Does Long actually score goals? On the YT vid he goes on lots of runs and gets hacked down a lot but there's not so many actual goals in there.

173 Games. 44 Goals. So no.

Scored 25 last season though, so he looks to be improving in that department

How many of them were penalties? Just out of interest. Think he'd be decent backup/starter with a top striker.

Shane Long tbh :shifty:

He'll be coming anyway I think.

Any reason you think that?

I've just got a feeling that Pardew will go with 4-3-3 next season and with Ranger and Xisco looking like they've got no future with the club, I think he'll see Long as a valuable squad player that can come in and cover any of the 3 forward positions.

If we sign Long, hope he's brought in for that, a squad player.

Shane Long starting, no thanks.

Wouldn't be ideal, but him and Best up front would be adequate to stay where we are in the league. If we want to move forward though we need better options.

Guest geordienorway

I know PSG have a lot of cash this summer but they seem to have a few areas they're going for whereas our main objective is a striker. Even if they go up to €12m, I could see us being prepared to go an extra few million higher still.

This. PSG have Hoarau, Luyindula, Giuly, Maurice, Nene and Erding as their striking options at the moment, and I can't see them spending £12m on Gameiro unless some of the current strikers are shipped out. If PSG decide to bid £12m, we could do a lot worse than bidding for Hoarau.

I know PSG have a lot of cash this summer but they seem to have a few areas they're going for whereas our main objective is a striker. Even if they go up to €12m, I could see us being prepared to go an extra few million higher still.

This. PSG have Hoarau, Luyindula, Giuly, Maurice, Nene and Erding as their striking options at the moment, and I can't see them spending £12m on Gameiro unless some of the current strikers are shipped out. If PSG decide to bid £12m, we could do a lot worse than bidding for Hoarau.

Which they will do.

At what point do we admit defeat on this? By all accounts we're offering the best deal to his club but he just doesn't want to come.

Once he finishes international duty (tonight), I think we'll start to hear more from him.

At what point do we admit defeat on this? By all accounts we're offering the best deal to his club but he just doesn't want to come.

When he tells the club he doesn't want to come at a guess.