Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Same old same old, I am getting fkn sick of us being linked with top players and then not getting them.. I know I know not much can be done if they don't want to come but can't help wonder if we were ever really serious in the first place.

I'd say the fact we offered €12m, knowingly outbidding the other clubs seemingly interested would suggest we genuinely wanted him.

Was that confirmed ? our bid I mean

http://www.planetepsg.com/news-17637-mercato_gameiro_est_pret_a_jouer_la_ligue_europa.html

A PSG website last week saying how with the new owners they should be able to match our bid. Also wasn't it the PSG Director of Football or something who said, "At this moment, he's closer to England" or words to that effect?

fingers crossed history repeats itself as we got bellamy and robert after failing to get jeffers and zenden...........or so the story goes.

Or Ginola after being turned down by .... Jon Salako

Guest Flatline

Haha yeah well, noone in their right mind would expect Gameiro to come here, so it was a longshot anyway.

Too bad. Nolan Roux instead would be alright.

Another striker who dont score goals? How many league goals did he score this season? 6?

Aye, 6 goals and 5 assists. Watch him take any team/league by storm next season.

Another striker who dont score goals? How many league goals did he score this season? 6?

Aye, 6 goals and 5 assists. Watch him take any team/league by storm next season.

You dont half talk some shite.

You dont half talk some s****.

You've never watched him play, have you? Give over you tool.

Tbf to Nolan Roux, he has the potential to become a decent striker. He's playing for one of the worst sides in Ligue 1 and has managed 21 goals in 54 games or something.

Tbf to Nolan Roux, he has the potential to become a decent striker. He's playing for one of the worst sides in Ligue 1 and has managed 21 goals in 54 games or something.

Aye, but most of his goals are scored in Ligue 2.

The disappointment on here ...  :doh:

Gameiro, June 2nd:

"If I go abroad it is to play in the Champions League," he continued.

"If I stay in France, this would be for the Champions League and maybe also the Europa League."

I honestly don't care about this for some reason.

Right from the start it looked like we were an outside bet, you only have to look at the first page of this thread to see that. It's disappointing that he appears to want to go elsewhere but it seems that was always the case.

Hopefully we'll have not spent too much time and effort trying to convince him and are on with other targets.