Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The Gardner from Birmingham? Absolutely rubbish player.

I remember getting quite irritated watching him on a number of occassions last season.

Takes a lot of inappropriate shots. He'll have people to the side of him in acres of space to get played in, and he'll just take the stupidest shots. He inevitably scores some, but not enough to justify the numerous incredibly foolish shots he takes.

Bog standard hit and hope, wanna be goal scoring midfielder. Awful.

He just puts his head down and shoots, doesn't see anything around him, and he's supposed to be a midfielder. I reall dislike these types of so called midfielders.

In his mind he thinks he's Frank Lampard. In reality, he's a very, very poor man's Lee Bowyer, and that's doing Lee Bowyer some disservice.

I really don't see what some on here see in him like.

tbf, people aren't exactly falling over themselves to praise him :lol:

'solid' and 'decent' is pretty much the general feeling.

Aguero to... Juve?  :dowie:

Juventus agree terms with Aguero

Juventus appear to be closing in on the biggest deal of the summer so far with Sky Italia reporting they have agreed terms with Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero.

Aguero, 23, is widely expected to quit the Vicente Calderon during the close season after publicly stating his desire to bring the curtain down on his four year stay with the club.

Atletico's city rivals Real were believed to be leading the chase for his signature with Los Blancos boss Jose Mourinho confirming his admiration in the diminutive hitman.

Aguero's father-in-law Diego Maradona appeared to confirm as much, when he claimed Real have been interested in Aguero for some time and that he would remain in the Spanish capital.

Aguero himself had recently said that no decision would be made about his future until after the Copa America, which will be played from July 1 to July 24 in his homeland where he is expected to be a key player in Sergio Batista's plans.

However, reports emanating in Italy claim Aguero has in actual fact agreed a deal to move to Turin, although Juve have yet to agree a fee with Atletico.

General director Giuseppe Marotta admitted in an interview with Corriere dello Sport last week that Aguero was indeed one of their targets, who they now look to be closing in on.

"Aguero is a great player and when I speak of enhancing the quality level of Juventus I am referring also to the Argentinian player," he said.

Los Colchoneros have been insistent that any club wishing to buy Aguero will need to pay his release clause in full which is believed to be €45million (Dh236.1m).

Juve have now given the clearest indication yet that they are indeed willing to pay the sum to acquire Aguero as the new boss and club legend Antonio Conte looks to return the Old Lady to summit of Italian football.

Juve missed out on a spot in Europe next season after finishing seventh in Serie A, but have already shown their ambition this summer with the captures of Andrea Pirlo and Reto Ziegler from AC Milan and Sampdorai respectively.

They have also secured permanent deals for quartet Alessandro Matri (Cagliari), Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Simone Pepe (Udinese) and Marco Motta (Udinese), who all spent last season on loan at the club.

The capture of Aguero would certainly trump all of those however, and would send out an ominous warning to their rivals that they mean business once again after a number of disappointing seasons.

Premier League giants Chelsea have also been linked with Aguero, with some reports recently suggesting owner Roman Abramovich was willing to bankroll a £50million (Dh300m) bid for the striker.

However, the Blues appear to have now switched their attentions to Porto's prolific Colombian, Radamel Falcao, following the the arrival of his former boss Andre-Villas Boas in the Stamford Bridge hotseat this past week.

What an idiotic move this would be.

Bit of a sideways move, in theory he'd tear a new one in Serie A though. Juve aren't even in Europe next season are they? Maybe they want a marquee signing for moving back to the Delle Alpi.

Magical player.

I don't understand it either. They've always just been so boring to me, and since their forced relegation they haven't even been very good. Just don't seem like a club someone really good would be interested in playing at.