Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Heneage

To be honest losing Moggi really did destroy Juventus. While he will go down in history for the match fixing he had a fantastic ability to spot young italian talent. Juventus had deals in place for most of the country's best talent people like Criscito etc. It meant they didn't really have to spend the megabucks the deals like Nedved and Thuram were real rarities.

Juve is a massive club. As big as Real and Barca, with the history to go with it too. It's a shame their attendances are shit, but that's the general story with Italian football at the moment, so it's unfair to judge them on how often they fill the Delle Alpi (never). They're a club that has more fans outside Turin, anyway, but they're easily in the top 10 biggest clubs in the world.

In no particular order, the biggest clubs in the world based on current success, appeal and the history to back it up: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich.. maybe Liverpool, but they're too far behind too many English teams. Maybe Dortmund, 15 years ago when the financial gap between the top three leagues and the rest wasn't big, and that probably goes for Ajax as well, although I do have a bias for Dortmund because they were huge when I was growing up.

There's a reason Juve's revenue from TV is actually higher than Barca's and Real's (or was for a very long period of time, anyway).

And I don't know how far along the Sanchez/Rossi/Fabregas deals are going for Barca, but isn't it completely fucking insane that when/if Barca sign any of these players, the fee will be less than what Liverpool paid us for Carroll?

I still think that the finest example of corruption in Italian football had to be in 1998 - when Iuliano brought Ronaldo down, for what was a stone wall penalty. Only for this to be denied, and for Juventus to be awarded a softer one for a a foul on Del Piero, minutes later.

Still, it wasn't all bad at the time. As it was against Inter.

Guest palnese

Tony_Jeffries Tony Jeffries

Just been speaking to a player who's signing for Sunderland, can't say who incase its not out yet, but great signing!

Le Zog?

Tony_Jeffries Tony Jeffries

Just been speaking to a player who's signing for Sunderland, can't say who incase its not out yet, but great signing!

Le Zog?

Craig Gardner?

He has just said that the player is English.

So Liverpool have signed Adam. Hopefully he gets found out next season, I really dont get the hype around him.

Good signing for them, good player, will be way more effective in a team who has a lot of possession. Also has better options in front of him, could be a key player for them next season.