Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/club-statement-robin-van-persie

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

with the signigns of podolski and giroud i reckon arsenal haven't been totally taken by surprise over this.

My thoughts too. Would've been odd to get both of them but still be confident Van Persie was going to stay.

Guest neesy111

Wow a world class player wants to win trophies!!! No surprise at all, arsenal need to sack Wenger before they will be successful again IMO.

Guest FeedTheOx

Wow a world class player wants to win trophies!!! No surprise at all, arsenal need to sack Wenger before they will be successful again IMO.

Sack the arguably best manager in the league? No thanks.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/club-statement-robin-van-persie

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

with the signigns of podolski and giroud i reckon arsenal haven't been totally taken by surprise over this.

My thoughts too. Would've been odd to get both of them but still be confident Van Persie was going to stay.

Just been on the radio that Van Persie allegedy had a pretty heated discussion regarding the direction of the club with Wenger and Gazidis some time in May. Apparently RvP was shocked when Wenger said that last season's squad was strong enough to challenge for the title.

Guest neesy111

Your last trophy......

And replace him with who?

Your last trophy......

:scared:

And replace him with who?

me, if they'll let me comute.

Guest FeedTheOx

Your last trophy......

Your last proper trophy?

Guest neesy111

Wenger would had been sacked at any other large club in Europe with the timid amount of success arsenal have had in last 7-8 years.

Wenger would had been sacked at any other large club in Europe with the timid amount of success arsenal have had in last 7-8 years.

why? keeping arsenal in the champions league year after year without spending much compared to other clubs around them is rather impressive

that wouldn't necessarily mean it would be the best way to progress the club, would it ?

Arsene has his faults but you just simply can't sack him.

Your last trophy......

Your last proper trophy?

Teresa Herrera trophy.

Your last trophy......

Your last proper trophy?

http://www.american-buddha.com/abatman38f.jpg

Guest neesy111

Why not?

Arsenal fans were told their season ticket money from the new stadium would allow them to compete with the biggest teams in the world on transfers.

It hasn't happened, mainly due to Wenger refusing to spend the transfer kitty he has.

Wenger's past it, but there's simply no manager available that they could appoint that wouldn't take them backwards, in my opinion.

They are stuck, they will keep qualifying for the CL but I just can't see them credibly competing for trophies anytime soon.

Your last trophy......

Your last proper trophy?

http://www.american-buddha.com/abatman38f.jpg

:lol:

Come on. For a start off, there's no way Arsenal aren't in a position to win trophies. And if it weren't for this Manchester City utter bullshit, you could count a league challenge in that too. An average Chelsea side (in comparison to the others since Roman's arrival) have just won the Champions League, with a pretty bog-standard manager. Plus, Wenger's just gone out and bought Podolski and Giroud - so even the 'lack of ambition' excuse dies on its arse.

I can understand people enjoying Manu getting pipped at the last second, and i'd be lying if i said i didn't find that funny. But i fucking despise City and i think they're bad for football. This would be the crowning example of why, tbh. Van Persie would be going there for the money - the same as every fucker else.

Guest neesy111

Come on. For a start off, there's no way Arsenal aren't in a position to win trophies. And if it weren't for this Manchester City utter bullshit, you could count a league challenge in that too. An average Chelsea side (in comparison to the others since Roman's arrival) have just won the Champions League, with a pretty bog-standard manager. Plus, Wenger's just gone out and bought Podolski and Giroud - so even the 'lack of ambition' excuse dies on its arse.

I can understand people enjoying Manu getting pipped at the last second, and i'd be lying if i said i didn't find that funny. But i fucking despise City and i think they're bad for football. This would be the crowning example of why, tbh. Van Persie would be going there for the money - the same as every fucker else.

:yao:

Wenger's past it, but there's simply no manager available that they could appoint that wouldn't take them backwards, in my opinion.

They are stuck, they will keep qualifying for the CL but I just can't see them credibly competing for trophies anytime soon.

Chelsea just won the CL with mediocre team, of course they can compete. It's just really hard nowadays. Football has changed and I wouldn't blame Arsene for City and Chelsea having unlimited amounts of cash. If they didn't have the money, no one would be saying that Arsene is past it. Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, both Manchester's and maybe Chelsea are on the highest tier but Arsenal are one of the first after that.

Chelsea just won the CL with mediocre team, of course they can compete. It's just really hard nowadays. Football has changed and I wouldn't blame Arsene for City and Chelsea having unlimited amounts of cash. If they didn't have the money, no one would be saying that Arsene is past it. Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, both Manchester's and maybe Chelsea are on the highest tier but Arsenal are one of the first after that.

it's true you know. whisper this but take out the sugardaddies and what pardew done last season was on a par with the best robson done.