Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Allen looks a decent player, better than Henderson. This transfer does make it understandable that we are struggling to sign players if the rest of the world has caught on to Premier league club's business.

Henderson £20m

Carroll £35m

Allen £15m

Fletcher £15m

Downing £20m

Why would you sell Debuchy for £7m, Douglas for £5m etc.. Probably fair prices given the circumstances but clubs like Liverpool are really starting to test the boundaries of fair fees.

On the flip side, such is the disparity between revenues in PL clubs and those in other leagues it means that these perceived smaller fees mean a lot to the clubs on the receiving end not too mention the player knows moving to the PL means a huge increase in pay which in turn helps PL clubs apply pressure to the selling club as they can easily convince the player and his reps to put pressure on the selling club.

Hence why we barter so hard.

Allen looks a decent player, better than Henderson. This transfer does make it understandable that we are struggling to sign players if the rest of the world has caught on to Premier league club's business.

Henderson £20m

Carroll £35m

Allen £15m

Fletcher £15m

Downing £20m

Why would you sell Debuchy for £7m, Douglas for £5m etc.. Probably fair prices given the circumstances but clubs like Liverpool are really starting to test the boundaries of fair fees.

On the flip side, such is the disparity between revenues in PL clubs and those in other leagues it means that these perceived smaller fees mean a lot to the clubs on the receiving end not too mention the player knows moving to the PL means a huge increase in pay which in turn helps PL clubs apply pressure to the selling club as they can easily convince the player and his reps to put pressure on the selling club.

Hence why we barter so hard.

:thup:

Henderson>Allen IMO. Think he might actually come good next season.

His short passing game is canny and he has no penetration therefore for the Rodgers Swansea blueprint he's perfect. He's a big game bottler but a few reasonable performances and a bit of confidence instilled (plus that from being included in the Euros) will bode well IMO. He'll never achieve his 'value' though, that was ridic.

Amazing

Are we the only club anywhere intent on "trying" to get a reasonable deal.

Crazy figures flying about the market at the minute

Nope, us too. That's why we can't get anyone in. At our level, players who can improve the team are simply costing a fortune in fees and wages, unless we take a punt.

Was the £15m release clause known about prior to Liverpool's interest? Seems a bit f***ed up if not, Brendan leaving and all. Either way, they can have him for that sort of money. I think he's a good player, Swansea's best by some distance but he's not worth anywhere near that and Liverpool already have too many not-good-enough midfielders

He's a good player, but not our best by some distance, most would say not even the best. A very good player though.

Rodgers obviously knew about the clause.

Amazing

No your not, Swansea are as well.

We had agreed 7 million for Gylfi prior to Rodgers leaving, Laudrup wasn't keen as he thought he could get better for less money, our 3 new signings played very well in our 4-2 win against Blackpool, 2 bought for 4.5 million and 1 loaned for a year with agreed price (6 mil I think). Think we'll surprise everyone again this year.

£15m for Fletcher, absolutely mental if that happens. I've read about that various times before but only now it really hit me. :lol: That is as bad as £35m for Carroll but in smaller scale. :lol:

Moses is nowhere near good enough, like. Absolutely baffling.

If they played him he would do alright IMO, obviously they won't though.

As I said earlier, Moses will be a good player at that level if they actually give him time on the pitch. I like his game, and his individual skill, physical attributes, and goal threat would be extremely useful for an impact player.

If Abramovich continues buying everything in sight, he can enjoy the massive wage packet as he spends his mid-20s on loan to clubs like Norwich and Sunderland :lol:

Amazing

Nope, us too. That's why we can't get anyone in. At our level, players who can improve the team are simply costing a fortune in fees and wages, unless we take a punt.

We are as well.

In fact, I think this close season more than any for a while, there are quite a few clubs only interested in value signings.

Then there's Liverpool, and their reported activation of Joe Allen's £15m release clause.

Fifteen million pounds.

I'm actually glad there are other clubs not going down the road of madness.

Some of the fees being discussed for what are, average players are lunacy.

Say it again, slowly, F I F T E E N  M I L L I O N  P O U N D S

That is A LOT of money to spunk away.

I like Fletcher, but for anything approaching £15m it's a big risk. Still, we know there aren't many decent strikers available.

Pay £7.5m for Jordan Rhodes, take a chance.

Watched him a couple of times last season and tbf he looked class.

Strange actually that no-one has had a punt on him.

£7.5 million would be a very expensive punt though

Was the £15m release clause known about prior to Liverpool's interest? Seems a bit f***ed up if not, Brendan leaving and all. Either way, they can have him for that sort of money. I think he's a good player, Swansea's best by some distance but he's not worth anywhere near that and Liverpool already have too many not-good-enough midfielders

He's a good player, but not our best by some distance, most would say not even the best. A very good player though.

I meant, known about in general, not just to Brendan. The fucked up part being that Brendan is privy to it and has left the club. I haven't watched enough of your football to judge but who do you rate better than Allen? Will be interested to see how you perform next season

I meant, known about in general, not just to Brendan. The f***ed up part being that Brendan is privy to it and has left the club. I haven't watched enough of your football to judge but who do you rate better than Allen? Will be interested to see how you perform next season

Vorm, kept us in many matches, Williams (another supposed Liverpool target) a rock in defense, Taylor, Britton, Dyer all have been very good.

New signings De Guzman and Michu seem the real deals and Chico is already becoming a cult figure, I think we'll do OK this season, maybe better than last.

Vorm has a penchant for the hollywood save. Still remember one game on MOTD where he made two routine saves with ludicrously exaggerated dives/acrobatics and was getting praised no end for them. Was completely daft.

Good keeper though, very good distribution.