Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

That's the point i'm making... Who could SAFC of signed for £12-14m for the style of forward they need... I don't think there is that many that would want to go there if you think about it sensibly... The lad. That Everton signed that you mentioned was a decent shout... Will be interesting to see who ends up with the most goals/assists...

I imagine Fletcher will marginally outscore him, mainly due to time on the pitch & Sunderland having no option other than to play him (lack of competition + that fee means he's starting every game).

Ki signing for us today has broken 3 records.

Record amount for a Korean Player

Record Fee paid by Swansea

Record Fee paid by a Welsh club.

Hope he's worth it now    :cool:  :D

edit: Oh we could break the last two this weekend by signing Hernandez.  :cheesy:

Chelsea's summer spending must be approaching £100 million by now, surely? F*cking ridiculous.

It's stupid signings as well, mostly. Last season they needed new midfielders and a defender, they only really got Mata which was a great signing but still left them weak. In January they had to get Cahill.

This season they need forwards and decide to flood the midfield.

Guest palnese

Moses is a wide forward in 4-3-3, replacing Kalou.

I think he'll play quite a lot this season. They still need another CF, imo,

Hate Chelsea very nearly as much as I hate Sunderland. It's just one of those personal quirks. If the Russian fucked off and they went out of business I'd book a week's holiday to celebrate, sharpish. Everything about Chelsea is horrible and has been since I was about 11. Probably before but how would I know?

Honesty I just hate them so much, they're the antithesis of NUFC on a number of levels and not just in a modern sense. Fucking daft cunts.

Financial Fair Play  :yao:

Pity Financial Fair Play doesn't handle the issue of money coming in as well as money going out.

I could be worse though, like in Spain, where Barcelona and Real Madrid are allowed to negotiate their own private TV deals and then rake in ALL the cash. It's a wonder the other teams don't pool together and refuse television rights on any game their involved in against those two.

It's not our fault the Spanish fan is essentially a gloryhunter and the other teams have such small followings as a result. Make no mistake, Barça and Madrid do carry La Liga.

I work in the media, there are quite a few teams where broadcasting their games results in a net loss for the broadcaster (aka, the cost of sending the cameras and crew and broadcasting the signal is more than the revenue brought on because of the miserable audiences they have).

Yeah, I'd love a more equal Liga as much as anyone, it's just more enjoyable. But this cliché of Barça and Madrid somehow leeching off the other 18 teams annoys me, and it's not true.

Roughly, Barça and Madrid produce 55% of La Liga's total revenue, while they earn 45% off the TV money.

(EDIT: Checked the % figures)

It's not our fault the Spanish fan is essentially a gloryhunter and the other teams have such small followings as a result. Make no mistake, Barça and Madrid do carry La Liga.

I work in the media, there are quite a few teams where broadcasting their games results in a net loss for the broadcaster (aka, the cost of sending the cameras and crew and broadcasting the signal is more than the revenue brought on because of the miserable audiences they have).

Yeah, I'd love a more equal Liga as much as anyone, it's just more enjoyable. But this cliché of Barça and Madrid somehow leeching off the other 18 teams annoys me, and it's not true.

Roughly, Barça and Madrid produce 55% of La Liga's total revenue, while they earn 45% off the TV money.

(EDIT: Checked the % figures)

i'd be wary of reading it that way. a similar thing has happened in this country since the advent of Sky television. if the media is skewed a certain way, then people will go for what they see, if certain clubs recieve much more exposure than others then it only natural they will get more supporters (which tends to equal more money which creates a self fulfilling prophecy). I guarantee tomorrows sport sections in this country will carry full page stories about at least 3 of the 'big five', one page about on of the others, half a page about a team from outside the top flight. every week there will be a full page about man utd be it team or a player or analysis of them. the coverage away from the top clubs is pathetic and is deswigned for lazy journalism who want the same clubs up there all the time with a plucky upstart to challenge them once in a while.

The problem is as much as the revenue is generated by Barca Real, it is in their long term interest for it to be a competitive league. They don't want a team genuinely to challenge them for the title, but as the rest of the league becomes less and less relevant  audience will dry up for endless repeats of the classico and it'll be unsustainable. I don't think it can last with two clubs in it.

The problem is as much as the revenue is generated by Barca Real, it is in their long term interest for it to be a competitive league. They don't want a team genuinely to challenge them for the title, but as the rest of the league becomes less and less relevant the international at lease audience will dry up for endless repeats of the classico and it'll be unsustainable. I don't think it can last with two clubs in it.

Don't us international fans just want to see the best players & goals which both Barca & Real supply. Are we really interested in 3 or more  teams battling it out for the title?

Let me put it this way. I just looked at yours and Valencia's 2011 accounts and taking out TV money you pull off about exactly the same revenue (€50m-€60m range). Valencia are Spain's third team, is trophywise more succesful than NUFC and has appeared regularly in the CL. Which team isn't pulling his weight here?

Sure, I'm in favor of a fairer balance in La Liga, but a lot of the teams that complain aren't just doing enough themselves, and point the blame at us as an easy way to avoid their own failures.