Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Is it just me that would rather have Dembele in my team than Modric? Think the latter is massively overrated tbh.

Dembs for me, like.

Modric all day long for me.

Dembele is very good until he gets to the penalty box IMO.

Is it just me that would rather have Dembele in my team than Modric? Think the latter is massively overrated tbh.

Dembs for me, like.

could say the same thing about modric

Dembs for me, like.

could say the same thing about modric

Perhaps the stats attest to that, but I'd wager Modric gets more assists of assists than Dembele. Not sure if there's a site for such things (I remember VI going on about Iniesta getting loads of those in La Liga I think).

It's always a bit tough if you're playing centrally, but just from what I've seen Modric will end his moments of class with something really constructive, whereas Dembele will really impress me, but then lose the ball or have to end up playing backwards. I know there are many variables, and Modric has played in a better side the past few seasons, but he just has a bit more intelligence at the business end of the pitch IMO. Better at releasing the ball full stop if I was pressed to compare, in fact.. shooting, passing and crossing.

[/very subjective/unsubstantiated, I know]

Dembs for me, like.

I agree with you tbh. Better goalscorer, better dribbler, better defender. The only area Modric massively wins is passing and playmaking.

And Dembele ain't too shabby in those areas either, top signing if it turns out to be true.

Modric is a fantastic player, much rather have him than Dembele. Saying that, Dembele and Lloris are both very good signings.

Used to really hate Spurs, but sort of like them now as they are pretty much the only team (bar us) going about their business the right way.

Dembs for me, like.

You've just named Modric's biggest fault too.

Last two seasons- Modric has 9 goals & 9 assists. Dembele has 7 goals & 8 assists.

I think they're at a similar level but prefer Dembele because he's more direct, stronger, faster and more versatile. Modric is more intelligent but his price is very inflated imo whereas Dembele's is reasonable. Good business by Spurs.

Dembele's turned into a bit of a beast in central midfield - never had the end product to justify one of the forward positions really and now he's using his strength and technical ability where it matters. probably the most efficient dribbler in the league, too. Reminds me of Dyer at his best (alongside Speed) in his style of play except with about ten times more presence.

Man Utd should go for him as he'd give them the energy they lack in central midfield. Last two proper midfielders they signed were Anderson and Hargreaves in 07 and both flopped for various reasons, and both were signed for their energy and/or presence in the middle. frankly bizarre that Fergie has not tried to get another signing of that type since then.

Dembs for me, like.

You've just named Modric's biggest fault too.

Last two seasons- Modric has 9 goals & 9 assists. Dembele has 7 goals & 8 assists.

I think they're at a similar level but prefer Dembele because he's more direct, stronger, faster and more versatile. Modric is more intelligent but his price is very inflated imo whereas Dembele's is reasonable. Good business by Spurs.

See my above post, I knew stats wouldn't bear out my opinion O0

Edit: Incidentally, I think Dembele is really, really good. A standout player at Fulham for some time now, and good business indeed Spurs given that Modric was intent on going.

Modric is a fantastic player, much rather have him than Dembele. Saying that, Dembele and Lloris are both very good signings.

Used to really hate Spurs, but sort of like them now as they are pretty much the only team (bar us) going about their business the right way.

Plus they now have Villas-Boas instead of Droopy McCuntBastard, which makes them infinitely less detestable. Still want them to fail miserably, but now moreso because they're a rival of ours and not because I want to see their manager cry until the tears build up in his face-sags and create a charming waterfall effect.

Dembs for me, like.

Was well impressed with Dembelle when Fulham came to St James last season. Not a bad replacement imo.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

#mcfc have asked Marseille to name their price for Loic Remy, who can play as a central striker or on the right wing. (via @DuncanCastles)

Fuck's sake man :lol:

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

#mcfc have asked Marseille to name their price for Loic Remy, who can play as a central striker or on the right wing. (via @DuncanCastles)

f***'s sake man :lol:

Missed a sitter at the weekend...

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

lovely chip through by ayew, let's get him instead

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

lovely chip through by ayew, let's get him instead

It was a lovely pass...

Martin Jol said on 5Live earlier and on the Fulham OS that they had accepted the bid for Dembele who was having a medical tonight.

Now being said that he passed the medical and there are two more booked for tomorrow, Lloris and Willian. 

Even then, it's still being suggested that won't be the end for this window, another striker..........

If all that happens there shouldn't be any complaints about Levy not supporting AVB.