Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

But for how integral Modric seems to be to Spurs in particular, why risk it? Don't blame them for trying to bleed a club dry, especially in today's climate of fucking ridiculous transfers.

But for how integral Modric seems to be to Spurs in particular, why risk it? Don't blame them for trying to bleed a club dry, especially in today's climate of f***ing ridiculous transfers.

They need a goalscorer more than anything. They could gamble on a £20m plus striker from the continent who may or may not make it over here, or get £27m and a striker who will more than likely get around 12-15 goals, and then spend the cash on a Modric replacement.

Agüero has missed his first day of training with Atlético.

Man, is he behaving like kunt (see what I did here). He will get his transfer, he should show a bit of respect.

Will he not just be having a break? Since he was at the Copa America n all that jazz?

Agüero has missed his first day of training with Atlético.

Man, is he behaving like kunt (see what I did here). He will get his transfer, he should show a bit of respect.

Will he not just be having a break? Since he was at the Copa America n all that jazz?

He was scheduled to return today.

We have been linked with Araujo for a few weeks now, and it's picking up steam as Boca's coming to Barcelona to play Espanyol. Loan with an option to buy (since we can't afford him this year) and he would alternate our senior squad as fifth striker with the B team.

EDIT: Just checked again and Atlético have given him permission to miss training, apparently.

But for how integral Modric seems to be to Spurs in particular, why risk it? Don't blame them for trying to bleed a club dry, especially in today's climate of f***ing ridiculous transfers.

They need a goalscorer more than anything. They could gamble on a £20m plus striker from the continent who may or may not make it over here, or get £27m and a striker who will more than likely get around 12-15 goals, and then spend the cash on a Modric replacement.

problem with selling Modric is the message it sends out to rest of squad (in particular Bale and VDV) that maybe Spurs ain't serious about building a team to win trophies and that everyone has a price.

Guest elpapi

PSG presenting Matuidi, Menez and some defender next week (monday?) according to l'equipe... Prices seem rather low to me.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110724_135650_tous-la-lundi.html

Si le transfert d'Adel Taarabt s'annonce compliqué, le Paris-SG pourrait enregistrer dans la semaine (dès lundi ?) l'arrivée groupée du trio de recrues attendu : Bisevac (VAFC), Matuidi (ASSE) et Menez (Roma). Le défenseur Milan Bisevac (27 ans) va signer un contrat de trois ans, son club étant tombé d'accord avec le PSG. Blaise Matuidi, le milieu international (24 ans, 3 sélections), devrait lui parapher un contrat de quatre saisons. L'indemnité de transfert est de 7,5 millions d'euros avec des bonus pouvant atteindre 2,5 millions.

Les négociations se poursuivaient ce week-end sur les détails du transfert de Jérémy Ménez (24 ans, sous contrat jusqu'en juin 2012). Samedi, le milieu offensif n'a pas pris part au match amical des Romains contre le FC Sud Tyrol. Le montant de la transaction s'élèverait à 8 millions d'euros, agrémenté de bonus. Le contrat serait plutôt de trois ans que de quatre comme envisagé à l'origine.

But it's just another striker in the pecking order isn't it even if it's not like for like?

Won't he be more likely to play at the top of a diamond in midfield? Maybe slowly phasing out Lampard?

Palermo must be laughing their tits off, bought him for £5m sell him for £35m+. Such scope for bargains in South America.

But it's just another striker in the pecking order isn't it even if it's not like for like?

Won't he be more likely to play at the top of a diamond in midfield? Maybe slowly phasing out Lampard?

Palermo must be laughing their tits off, bought him for £5m sell him for £35m+. Such scope for bargains in South America.

Don't think their fans would be laughing, though. :lol:

Aye, Pastore is the top of the diamond, quality attacking midfielder. I don't know what that'll mean in terms of Lucas Piazon getting his chance when he joins them in January. He plays a similar role doesn't he? And Pastore isn't exactly old.

Don't think their fans would be laughing, though. :lol:

A club like Palermo (no disrespect to them) are always going to be a selling club though and I would imagine their more screwed on head fans would know this. Their total wage bill in 09/10 was only €30m and I can't imagine it's gone up too drastically since.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Media/Foto/2009/09/03/stipendi/palermo.jpg

Aye, Pastore is the top of the diamond, quality attacking midfielder. I don't know what that'll mean in terms of Lucas Piazon getting his chance when he joins them in January. He plays a similar role doesn't he? And Pastore isn't exactly old.

Good player to learn off though, not so sure Piazon is going to be all that tbh from what I've read.

Aye true, he should be able to pick up a bit learning from Lampard and Pastore. I know very little about Piazon tbh, so I didn't know how highly he was rated.

I've not seen him play but he must have something to be being sold for £5m+ at 17 & representing Brazil at youth level but I'm sure I remember reading/hearing he is or was very physically developed for his age which to me is always a concern when buying youth players as you never quite know how they're going to match up playing against men rather than boys of the same age.