Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I hope Aguero isn't hamstrung by Mancini's tactics.

Fear would be that he gets shoved out wide and asked to work from there which is not his natural game although he can do. Still think Tevez will be off if they can get rid like.

I'd agree with Tooj on the Romario comparisons too, much more a natural finisher than Tevez in my opinion.

I hope Aguero isn't hamstrung by Mancini's tactics.

Fear would be that he gets shoved out wide and asked to work from there which is not his natural game although he can do. Still think Tevez will be off if they can get rid like.

I'd agree with Tooj on the Romario comparisons too, much more a natural finisher than Tevez in my opinion.

Could play slightly wide but I agree it wouldn't play him out wide through choice. Would probably work playing off a target man imo.

His release clause is €45m, and Atlético stated he wouldn't sell for less than that. We'll see.

Atlético will use the money to sign Rossi, it is expected.

Am I right in thinking Rossi would go for a little less? Seems like decent business for Atletico if they can get Rossi. Lower wages as well I'd assume.

His release clause is €45m, and Atlético stated he wouldn't sell for less than that. We'll see.

Am I right in thinking Rossi would go for a little less? Seems like decent business for Atletico if they can get Rossi. Lower wages as well I'd assume.

Villarreal had set a €30m asking price when we went for him earlier in the summer, but after selling Cazorla for €20m they don't need more incomings so they could try to hold on him.

Guest neesy111

Villarreal had set a €30m asking price when we went for him earlier in the summer, but after selling Cazorla for €20m they don't need more incomings so they could try to hold on him.

Where has Cazorla went to, always a favourite of mine.

Guest kingdawson

It's a Mata of money! Tottenham make late bid to hijack Arsenal's move for Valencia star

Tottenham have launched a late bid to hijack Arsenal's move for Spain Under 21 captain Juan Mata.

The north London rivals are biding for one of Spain's brightest midfield prospects, who has a £17.5million buyout clause in his Valencia contract.

Both Arsenal and Spurs are facing up to losing their most creative players in Cesc Fabregas and Luka Modric, and Mata would be an ideal replacement for the pair while bringing an added versatility to the ranks.

Hot property: Valencia's Juan Mata is wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham to replace out-going stars

Hot property: Valencia's Juan Mata is wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham to replace out-going stars

While Mata's release clause is set quite high for a player who featured for just 20 minutes in Spain's triumphant World Cup campaign, it is believed he could be available for as £13.2 (15m euros).

Spanish newspaper Sport reports that the Gunners had already met that figure when Tottenham too played their hand. Mata's father is now said to be considering both offers with Valencia acknowledging their star man wants out.

Tottenham's need is arguably more pressing than their rivals, with limited ready-made replacements waiting in the wings should Modric get his wish and force through a move to Chelsea.

The Blues have had two bids of £22m and then an improved £27m rejected for the Croatian international, who has also handed in a transfer request.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has said that even £35m - the fee Arsenal are expected to accept for Fabregas - wouldn't be enough to tempt the club into selling the man many believed was their player of the season.

Arsenal, meanwhile, are resigned to losing Fabregas this summer after several year fighting off Barcelona's advances. A Catalan party is expected back in London this week to make a final offer closer to Arsenal's valuation after twice seeing bids rejected.

The emergence of Aaron Ramsey, whose career was put in jeopardy by Ryan Shawcross' horror lunge in 2010, has given Gunners fans food for thought during pre-season, and the partnership he has struck up with Jack Wilshere is a cause for optimism at the end of what has been a miserable summer for the club.

Samir Nasri's future also remains in doubt with Manchester City and United vying for the Frenchman's signature.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1TK5TYBll

I don't believe that release clause.

It's a Mata of money! Tottenham make late bid to hijack Arsenal's move for Valencia star

Tottenham have launched a late bid to hijack Arsenal's move for Spain Under 21 captain Juan Mata.

The north London rivals are biding for one of Spain's brightest midfield prospects, who has a £17.5million buyout clause in his Valencia contract.

Both Arsenal and Spurs are facing up to losing their most creative players in Cesc Fabregas and Luka Modric, and Mata would be an ideal replacement for the pair while bringing an added versatility to the ranks.

While Mata's release clause is set quite high for a player who featured for just 20 minutes in Spain's triumphant World Cup campaign, it is believed he could be available for as £13.2 (15m euros).

Spanish newspaper Sport reports that the Gunners had already met that figure when Tottenham too played their hand. Mata's father is now said to be considering both offers with Valencia acknowledging their star man wants out.

Tottenham's need is arguably more pressing than their rivals, with limited ready-made replacements waiting in the wings should Modric get his wish and force through a move to Chelsea.

The Blues have had two bids of £22m and then an improved £27m rejected for the Croatian international, who has also handed in a transfer request.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has said that even £35m - the fee Arsenal are expected to accept for Fabregas - wouldn't be enough to tempt the club into selling the man many believed was their player of the season.

Arsenal, meanwhile, are resigned to losing Fabregas this summer after several year fighting off Barcelona's advances. A Catalan party is expected back in London this week to make a final offer closer to Arsenal's valuation after twice seeing bids rejected.

The emergence of Aaron Ramsey, whose career was put in jeopardy by Ryan Shawcross' horror lunge in 2010, has given Gunners fans food for thought during pre-season, and the partnership he has struck up with Jack Wilshere is a cause for optimism at the end of what has been a miserable summer for the club.

Samir Nasri's future also remains in doubt with Manchester City and United vying for the Frenchman's signature.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1TK5TYBll

I don't believe that release clause.

Sounds like you're spending the Modric money. :troll:

No, it's true, he only has €20m on it. Actually €15m, Valencia has to offer him an improved contract to trigger the €20m.

Still, I don't get why is he constantly linked as a Cesc/Modric replacement. Absolutely nothing to do with these players nor in position or attributes. He's a second striker/left forward. Attacking mid at a push.

Guest kingdawson

He's looked very good whenever i've seen him but i don't know wtf we have planned if he is indeed a target. I also don't gt why any team hasn't triggered that clause yet if it's that low.

He's looked very good whenever i've seen him but i don't know wtf we have planned if he is indeed a target. I also don't gt why any team hasn't triggered that clause yet if it's that low.

He was our plan B if Alexis failed.

Plus the fact is that he couldn't really be at a better place than Valencia unless Real Madrid or ourselves came in for him. I'm not really sure going to Spurs would be an improvement for him either, with all due respect.

No, it's true, he only has €20m on it. Actually €15m, Valencia has to offer him an improved contract to trigger the €20m.

Still, I don't get why is he constantly linked as a Cesc/Modric replacement. Absolutely nothing to do with these players nor in position or attributes. He's a second striker/left forward. Attacking mid at a push.

To be fair he's pushed as a Cesc replacement because Nasri would move centrally where he did perform at his best and Mata would play wide left. Personally think this is a non-starter but I would be... content if that was a scenario we saw next year. I know where you are coming from though.