Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Shame that. Still one of the best striker in the world IMO. Lethal.

Just looking and Anzhi only 6th at the moment, fair bit of the pace. Still ridiculous how they don't even train in their home city/region, just fly in/out for games. Madness.

The Gunners reportedly turned down a £20m bid from from Manchester United in early July and manager Arsenal Wenger said he was prepared to lose Nasri on a free transfer next summer rather than sell him now.

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri," stated Wenger. "You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club.

"A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you."

Guest kingdawson

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/18/redknapp-modric-sale-tottenham

Weren't the Tottenham fans on here adamant that Modric was not for sale a few weeks back?

(apologies if some other sharp eyed user has already pointed this out)

What does that prove? it's Levy that has the final say. Redknapp is doing his usual crap in regards to the press.

Harry Redknapp June 2011:

"The chairman has made a statement. He can't backtrack on that. He means that - I know he means that. Luka's not going. Daniel has made that statement - he can't come out and suddenly sell him. Everyone will go, 'What's the use of listening to what he says?' He can't sell him. He's said he's not going to sell him and that's good enough for me. Daniel and Joe Lewis own the club. They're not selling Luka - end of story, as far as I'm concerned. It's not easy to keep a player who's not happy but the chairman has said we're not going to sell him so we've got to stand by that now. He can't be saying that and then we sell him. If we sell Luka Modric where are we going as a football club? We'll have to accept then that we're a middle-of-the-table team that will finish in the top half next season and really that's not what the chairman wants, it's not what I want. It's not, most importantly, what the fans want."

Kenwright says Everton are skint, banks won't borrow them money anymore.

McLeish said last week Villa will only be making loans and Frees from now on despite a £20m profit the last 12 months.

Spurs relying on shifting Modric before they can strengthen.

Anyone see a theme developing?

Kenwright says Everton are skint, banks won't borrow them money anymore.

McLeish said last week Villa will only be making loans and Frees from now on despite a £20m profit the last 12 months.

Spurs relying on shifting Modric before they can strengthen.

Anyone see a theme developing?

It does seem to have been one of the quietest summer windows no one but a couple of the big boys and Liverpool splashing the cash. Wonder how much is the economy and how much is this financial fair play business.

Perfect time to take advantage, no?

Not if we're in the same boat, no. I know we sold Carroll but the financial position was hardly great before that was it?

Didn't he have us at the stage where we were just breaking even, even without the Carroll money? In any case, sanctioning £15m or so for transfers still leaves us a good 20 odd million in profit.

Perfect time to take advantage, no?

Not if we're in the same boat, no. I know we sold Carroll but the financial position was hardly great before that was it?

If we're in the same boat then why haven't they come out and told us? The money was there for N'Zogbia on 31st Jan and we're £4m up this summer and have moved 6 or 7 off the wagebill. We've made bids for Gameiro and Gervinho this summer apparently so cash is available it's just not being spent.

If our finances are in such a bad way then why is Pardew continually slavvering on at getting a striker and a LB in before the window shuts?  They could defuse a lot of the anger by telling the fans where the cash has gone or where it needs to go. Lots of people would accept it if there was transparency but there's not. It's empty words and gestures. Any trust and faith is gone.

I wish they'd done that in January tbh. The whole, "Every penny of it on the squad thing" was ridiculous.

Although having said that, if they'd said, "that's to pay off some of our debt" I could have imagined the reaction. :lol:

The bills need to be paid and I've not got a single problem with using some/all of the Carroll fee to go towards paying overdrafts etc off. I just want the club to be honest about it. I want us to punch our weight and invest as much as we can afford to using the money that comes into the club.