Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

That would be a brilliant move for both parties.

Would it? Still a good player but another who's on the decline. He'll be 34 in June, meanwhile Giggs is 38 and retiring, with Carrick and Park both 31 this year. Not over-the-hill by any stretch, but not the players who are going to re-invent a Man Utd that looks desperate for re-inventing. That whole part of the pitch needs an overhaul if you ask me. Fletcher's situation is indefinite, whilst Anderson is inconsistent and Gibson's just rubbish.

Cleverley is a good player though; how long's he supposed to be out for? You would expect Manu would rather just stick with Cleverley/Carrick as soon as the former is fit again (the latter has been decent since he returned to the side), rather than pay megabucks to prize Lampard away from Chelsea. He wouldn't be cheap, given the player still has 18 months left on his contract.

And Chelsea would be strengthening what they should still consider a rival.

Would do nothing for his career, either. It would severely damage the wonderful reputation he's built at Chelsea. Plus, he'll still be playing second-fiddle to players who are ahead of him in the England pecking order.

He might as well just see it out at Chelsea; he'll still be worshipped there even if Villas-Boas phases him out.

Or have i just been whooshed?

Amazed Towlie's AIK nailed Celso Borges' signature, thought he'd end up in a bigger league.

Don't know anything about him, but my mates seems to be over the moon with that transfer :)

He'll rip Allsvenskan a new one, that's for sure.

Amazed Towlie's AIK nailed Celso Borges' signature, thought he'd end up in a bigger league.

Don't know anything about him, but my mates seems to be over the moon with that transfer :)

He'll rip Allsvenskan a new one, that's for sure.

No it's not. He was useless for us last season and didn't even stand out in a week FFK team.

That would be a brilliant move for both parties.

Would it? Still a good player but another who's on the decline. He'll be 34 in June, meanwhile Giggs is 38 and retiring, with Carrick and Park both 31 this year. Not over-the-hill by any stretch, but not the players who are going to re-invent a Man Utd that looks desperate for re-inventing. That whole part of the pitch needs an overhaul if you ask me. Fletcher's situation is indefinite, whilst Anderson is inconsistent and Gibson's just rubbish.

Cleverley is a good player though; how long's he supposed to be out for? You would expect Manu would rather just stick with Cleverley/Carrick as soon as the former is fit again (the latter has been decent since he returned to the side), rather than pay megabucks to prize Lampard away from Chelsea. He wouldn't be cheap, given the player still has 18 months left on his contract.

And Chelsea would be strengthening what they should still consider a rival.

Would do nothing for his career, either. It would severely damage the wonderful reputation he's built at Chelsea. Plus, he'll still be playing second-fiddle to players who are ahead of him in the England pecking order.

He might as well just see it out at Chelsea; he'll still be worshipped there even if Villas-Boas phases him out.

Or have i just been whooshed?

He's 33 and still a bloody good player, why on earth would he want to 'see it out' with a manager who doesn't play to his strengths?

Lampard is exactly what Man Utd need. Someone driving forward from midfield and providing a consistent tally of goals.

No, he isn't as good as he was a few years ago and no, it's not a long-term solution by any means. But he's certainly not on the decline in the sense Gerrard has been, Lampard still has plenty to offer.

Not that I can actually see it happening.

They didn't have a Tiote type in his heyday at Chelsea.

Have Chelsea ever played a two man midfield with him? I honestly can't recall. And if so, who partnered him then?

At his very best Essien and Makelele really allowed him to do what he does best imo.

They didn't have a Tiote type in his heyday at Chelsea.

Have Chelsea ever played a two man midfield with him? I honestly can't recall. And if so, who partnered him then?

At his very best Essien and Makelele really allowed him to do what he does best imo.

2009-10 was his best season. Makelele was long gone and Essien only played about 12 games in the league.

And Man U are probably best off going 4-3-3 anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

Fergie rules out Lampard

Apparently QPR have admitted they bid £5m for Samba, while it will take a bigger amount surely it sums up our fucking owner when we arent at least trying for him but are willing to pay similar for a raw youngster in Tompkins  :idiot2:

Fergie rules out Lampard

Apparently QPR have admitted they bid £5m for Samba, while it will take a bigger amount surely it sums up our f***ing owner when we arent at least trying for him but are willing to pay similar for a raw youngster in Tompkins  :idiot2:

Pay similar to the amount that can't get Samba? WTF?

Guest Chubby Jason

Shame it's not happening. It would be interesting to see Lampard in a Man United shirt. I would like to see how he gets on away from Chelsea at some point in the near future.

Guest Roger Kint

Fergie rules out Lampard

Apparently QPR have admitted they bid £5m for Samba, while it will take a bigger amount surely it sums up our f***ing owner when we arent at least trying for him but are willing to pay similar for a raw youngster in Tompkins  :idiot2:

Pay similar to the amount that can't get Samba? WTF?

Well its fairly easy to understand. QPR bid £5m. We havent tried yet have bid £4m for Tompkins. My point therefore is why havent we tried too? Sure it will take more no doubt but if you dont try you are guaranteed to miss out.