Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Apparently they're (Leeds) loaning Delph from us

What's happening with him, has he not been much good then?

Out injured for a season or so, not had many chances since.

Not too sure he's going to make it. Tendency to go into tackles two footed a bit too much for my liking, but a run of games somewhere would do him a lot of good.

Gary Gardener (who is a fantastic prospect) has overtaken him in the pecking order now, as had Chris Herd till he got injured again.

So fantastic you spelled his name wrong

I'm never sure of the presence of the "e" in that surname. I usually take a guess each time.

I've never been that aware of a correlation between football skills and ease of spelling of surname, though.

Not sure if its been mentioned but Roux is going to Lille, meaning Sow is likely off. I like Roux, could have been a bargain for a mid table Premiership team.

Get him signed! :)

How are Leeds expected to gain promotion if they keep letting their better players go?

That's a bit like asking how is the sky meant to look green when it's blue.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg46/scaled.php?server=46&filename=stevechair.jpg&res=medium

Not sure if its been mentioned but Roux is going to Lille, meaning Sow is likely off. I like Roux, could have been a bargain for a mid table Premiership team.

Had we not just signed Cissé, I'd agree, but how the hell are we supposed to get Ben Arfa, Sow, Cissé and Ba in the same team?

Wait, I got it.

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Sow    Cissé        Ba

:fwap:

:okay:

Had we not just signed Cissé, I'd agree, but how the hell are we supposed to get Ben Arfa, Sow, Cissé and Ba in the same team?

Wait, I got it.

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Sow    Cissé        Ba

That'd do! We still need another striker in the summer tbf.

Guest Roger Kint

Wait, I got it.

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Sow    Cissé        Ba

That'd do! We still need another striker in the summer tbf.

Need more than one if all those are away for 4/5 weeks mid season.

Looks like Bassong is off to PSG (going by his twitter comment anyway).

Looks like more of a reference of him going back to Paris for a few days (he's from there).

why would we let him do that though with the City game on sunday?

Probably not a few days then, he's probably going for a day or two. Maybe the players have been given a day off?

You're right.  All the players been given 2 days off.

Surprised noones been in for Llorente yet. I imagine england's finest 'arry will talk a lot of crap about buying him then fail, were I a Spurs fan I'd be livid with his transfer policy atm, we've just shown how it's done, almost completely under the radar until it was pretty much done.

Can't argue with that. 

Newcastle identify a need, identify a player, sign said player, move on.

By contrast Harry goes to France saying he's going to look at Loic Remy, just as he did over 2 years ago.  Obviously hasn't made his mind up yet.

That said, we have got 2 more young Croatian players, a young Slovenian plus a 17 yr old keeper from Stockport County all on trial.  The transfer strategy I spoke about a couple of days ago seems to be flourishing.

Surprised noones been in for Llorente yet. I imagine england's finest 'arry will talk a lot of crap about buying him then fail, were I a Spurs fan I'd be livid with his transfer policy atm, we've just shown how it's done, almost completely under the radar until it was pretty much done.

Can't argue with that. 

Newcastle identify a need, identify a player, sign said player, move on.

By contrast Harry goes to France saying he's going to look at Loic Remy, just as he did over 2 years ago.  Obviously hasn't made his mind up yet.

That said, we have got 2 more young Croatian players, a young Slovenian plus a 17 yr old keeper from Stockport County all on trial.  The transfer strategy I spoke about a couple of days ago seems to be flourishing.

Tottenham and Levy have nailed it. Seems like you've got a fantastic set up for youth whilst also making sure that the main team comes through as well. Considering how little time it's taken to become so good, it really is impressive. I remember when Keegan made the comment after that Chelsea game a few years back saying it was a closed shop in the top four. Just shows things can change very quickly if you have a very good model or are City and just buy whoever you want

I think Levy has nailed it, think Redknapp is pretty poor, remember when he tried to buy all the spanish strikers that existed not so long ago and then Levy just went and bought Van Der Vaart without any input? Reckon that's how it works basically, all the sensible transfer dealings done by Levy while Redknapp talks about everyone elses players constantly. They've assembled a very strong squad, and liked how they've kept hold of Modric, doubt they'll be able to keep him another year though, wonder if they can keep up the challenge. Doubt Man U can keep it up either though without significant investment.