Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Podolski may well be shit now but he's always been one of the players I've wanted to see in the Prem, what with us not getting to see many Cologne games these days.

Should be hitting his prime, if 27-30 is indeed a players prime.

Podolski may well be shit now but he's always been one of the players I've wanted to see in the Prem, what with us not getting to see many Cologne games these days.

Should be hitting his prime, if 27-30 is indeed a players prime.

I think that's what wenger is going to do now, but those kind of players in a last ditch effort to win the CL.

I see Man City have declared an interest in Van Persie. What an abortion of a club they are.

Back of today's Mirror:

"Roberto Mancini last night revealed he wants to sign Arsenal's goalscoring sensation Robin van Persie. The Manchester City manager has hailed Van Persie as "one of the best strikers in Europe" and says he will target him in the summer."

Turn to page 71 for Mancini's quotes:

"I think he is a fantastic striker, but I think he will remain with Arsenal. I think if there is a good player who wants to leave a club, then we are interested. But if this player wants to stay, we don't have any problem. In my opinion Van Persie will stay at Arsenal. I think Robin van Persie will sign a new contract with Arsenal..."

Does anyone have the number of the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

Sports writers are the worst people like. What Mancini said was unwise, but he definitely didn't say "I want to sign Van Persie" or even that he would target him in the summer.

Exactly. Clearly some hack asked him about the possibility of signing Van Persie, with the intent of reporting whatever he said back.  :huff:

FWIW, I reckon Podolski will be a good signing for Arsenal. Can see him ultimately being Van Persie's replacement.

That makes him a very meh signing imo, now if hes bought to play alongside Van Persie( either on the left, right or behind him) or in his place when he needs a rest or injured.

Then its a fantastic signing.

FWIW, I reckon Podolski will be a good signing for Arsenal. Can see him ultimately being Van Persie's replacement.

That makes him a very meh signing imo, now if hes bought to play alongside Van Persie( either on the left, right or behind him) or in his place when he needs a rest or injured.

Would still be a decent signing like. Of course, there's a certain risk to Podolski - from what I gather, he's a player who's been pretty much indifferent at club level these past few years (compared to his international exploits anyway) so he probably will need time to settle. If this is the case then he probably won't be Van Persie's replacement as such in the short term (if RVP does go that is) but can see being a capable replacement in the medium/long term.

Guest Brynn

Podolski is quality. Was hoping we'd sign him not too long back.

Agreed but I cant see going from köln to us would be quite big enough of a move for him. Its his one big move, he needs to get it right

( unlike Enrique  :pilko:)

Would still be a decent signing like. Of course, there's a certain risk to Podolski - from what I gather, he's a player who's been pretty much indifferent at club level these past few years (compared to his international exploits anyway) so he probably will need time to settle. If this is the case then he probably won't be Van Persie's replacement as such in the short term (if RVP does go that is) but can see being a capable replacement in the medium/long term.

Podolski has been quality for Köln again these past two years.  I think it is a very good signing if he's not RVP replacement and is employed as LW or behind him. I find the financials of the deal (100k/w :lol:) a tad ridiculous but not the player itself.

Podolski is quality. Was hoping we'd sign him not too long back.

Agreed but I cant see going from köln to us would be quite big enough of a move for him. Its his one big move, he needs to get it right

( unlike Enrique  :pilko:)

Not especially fussed about the striking department atm anyway. Much, much more pressing issues as far as I'm concerned. Well, at least four that I can think of, off-hand.

1 CB

2 LB

1 CM

Edit: just in case someone thinks I'm pleased with Simpson holding down a starting berth going forward long-term :lol:

Krul/Elliot

Santon/Simpson

_____/______

Colo/Willi

Saylor/_____

Ben Arfa/Obertan

Tiote/______

Cabaye/Guthrie

Jonas/Ferguson/Marv

Ba/Best

Cisse/Shola

We could upgrade on Shola/Best, but the other spots are more pressing priorities IMO. We have the likes of Vuckic, Gosling, Kadar, Perch etc who can step up into some of those positions if need be, but you wouldn't really want to throw them [at all/at this stage of their career] in a crunch game.

The Sunday Mirror this morning are reporting that Lukas Podolski is one of Arsenal's summer transfer targets.

That's a scoop...

Podolski? That's come out of nowhere. Wonder what their sources are.