Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Charlie Adam is making a big mistake going to Liverpool.

I know betting was suspended - but it hasn't been confirmed yet, has it?

The usual "Sky Sports News sources" saying it's all but complete. Don't see where he'll fit into that side, unless Raul Meireles really is going to Inter.

Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Poulson, Aquilani all battling for two central midfield spots at the moment.

Dunno what Dalglish is planning.

Liverpool's epic failure?

Charlie Adam is making a big mistake going to Liverpool.

I know betting was suspended - but it hasn't been confirmed yet, has it?

The usual "Sky Sports News sources" saying it's all but complete. Don't see where he'll fit into that side, unless Raul Meireles really is going to Inter.

Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Poulson, Aquilani all battling for two central midfield spots at the moment.

Dunno what Dalglish is planning.

Seems mental, but Poulsen is garbage and Aquilani will probably end up elsewhere.

Henderson i reckon will be played as a Barton-style right-midfielder while Spearing and Shelvey are backups.

Leaves Lucas, Adam, Gerrard and Meireles battling for two spots. Either Dalglish knows something we don't about Gerrard's injuries or Meireles is leaving or both.

Anyway I'm glad to see them wasting money at an alarming rate.

Meireles was class through the middle but kept being put on the wing - can't beleive they want rid to bring Adam in - too many daft passes

Looking on some Italian website, Inter have offered €13m but his agent says he wants to stay at Liverpool.

Gerrard and Suarez either side of Caroll in a sexy 433?

Nothing about that is sexy. Unless by sexy you mean vomit-inducing.

Gerrard wouldn't have it in him any more to be effective in that position anyway.

Gerrard's past it. He won't ever get to the form of two years ago.

Although, we know Dalglish will see him as his fearless leader, along with Carragher (who is even more past it).

Making some odd decisions.

Gerrard and Suarez either side of Caroll in a sexy 433?

Nothing about that is sexy. Unless by sexy you mean vomit-inducing.

Gerrard wouldn't have it in him any more to be effective in that position anyway.

Aye, I thought that after I posted actually.

Malaga (and Roma) in for Ricky Alvarez who we are no longer chasing, Malaga could be building quite a side!

Like a lefty Kaka but without that fantastic borst of pace he had. Might as well leave since theyve just won the league/missed out on the best chance they'll probably have to win the Lib. Be interesting to see how he gets on in Europe.

Can't see Gerrard being dropped if he's fit and Lucas has been their best midfielder.  So £20m and whatever they're going to pay for Adam sitting on the bench.

That's their problem.

Arsenal's AGM today.

Ivan Gazidis "We can expect a high turnover of the squad"

"Its important that we spend right given CFC and MCFC spending capability. Means sustainability"

He says that the season ticket price rise is down to increased utility bills etc.

"Arsenal's overall aim is not profit its pride"

"New revenue streams are a priority for Arsenal"

"The reason that Danny[Fiszman] sold to Kronke is because he trusted him with Arsenal "

"Arsene looking at new signings now"

Arsenal's AGM today.

Ivan Gazidis "We can expect a high turnover of the squad"

"Its important that we spend right given CFC and MCFC spending capability. Means sustainability"

He says that the season ticket price rise is down to increased utility bills etc.

"Arsenal's overall aim is not profit its pride"

"New revenue streams are a priority for Arsenal"

"The reason that Danny[Fiszman] sold to Kronke is because he trusted him with Arsenal "

"Arsene looking at new signings now"

Not surprised, Gazidis never struck me as a person who would want the lights turned off if the room was empty.  I would imagine that Levy will be equally creative................

He's a good bloke Gazidis, very well spoken, says (all in all) the right thing and has done his best today to reassure the fans that the club are equally as disappointed as the fans are with this season's performance. Only time will tell though and the transfer dealings that are done.

Guest BooBoo

Guy Branston has gone to Bradford. May I be the first and last to say that he should be handy for getting them out of a pickle.

Sky Sports website saying Man Utd are close to selling Bebe for a £5m loss. Would love to know the story behind that transfer.

They gave like £7.5m for a player unknown to everybody, did he even justify his fee in Portugal?

I`m not sure he even played over there, really strange that one.

Sir Alex's unwanted love child?

I know, he was available for about £100k just before that as well. Would love to know how/why he ended up moving to Man Utd for such a big fee.