Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

More totally uninspiring signings by a totally uninspiring manager for a totally uninspiring club. QPR are gonna doss around the 13th-18th positions for a couple seasons then piss off again. Pants club.

They love an average English player down QPR way. I can see why he brought Nelson in though, was his captain at Blackburn and a very good leadership figure to have around the club, which they definately lacked last season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Unfortunately QPR will have enough to stay up. They'll just slog around the lower tier.

Dunno where to put this but the bloke who owns Udinese and Granada is taking us over.

Not Worthy of a Thread's a good shout.

It's a club transfer. And would be worthy of a thread.  :'(

The Pozzos have done well at Granada, loaning them 2000000000000 Udinese players and shooting up the divisions.

Yeah, I've seen this and am a little wary. Most of the type of players Udinese have loaned Granada won't be eligible to play in England immediately due to work permit issues. So then, exactly what is the plan forward for Watford?

Hopefully they're looking at continuing to build our academy up (I think we should have top tier status when EPPP comes in), which would be fitting with our current strategy, but perhaps allowing us to hold onto our best players a little longer than we currently do.

If they were to support Sean Dyche, provide financial security, build a new stand and continue upkeep of the academy and youth investment we'd probably do very well. But, rumours are they want to install Gianfranco Zola and Gianluca Nani - which makes me a little uneasy. I'm a massive fan of how well Dyche has done so far on such limited resources (finished higher than anyone since Boothroyd, despite having a smaller budget - better than the likes of Mackay and Rodgers managed despite both of them moving onto greener pastures), we should look to support him. The likes of Norwich, Swansea, Southampton have risen well by investing in young hungry English talent with a clear outlined footballing philosophy. I'd rather attempt to emulate this than do as Granada have. I don't want our club's identity to disappear, and I'm sure it won't, but I'm wary of big foreign appointments given what happened with Gianluca Vialli over 10 years ago now.

It's exciting, but I'm not quite comfortable with where we may be headed. But we'll continue to exist and hopefully at least be able to consolidate, which is more than I would otherwise ask for, given how calamitous our ownership situation has been for a long time now.

Well, what the Pozzos did a lot was to buy Spanish players with Udinese and loan them back to Granada. I think most Udinese loanees at Granada are Spanish right now. There have been several foreigners, for sure, but they have mixed it up a lot.

Their managers have also always been Spanish, the actual chairman is Spanish. I think you're making it look like something that isn't.

Guest bimpy474

Go away. I am not happy with the direction this conversation is taking. RVP is staying. :|

He's not.