Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

What I don't understand is if a 21 year old talented, skillfull winger is good enough that Chelsea want him - then how on earth have England let him slip away from the national set-up?

Shouldn't try to apply logic to a national team that chooses Downing, Kelly, Henderson and Milner over the likes of Richards, Johnson, Sturridge and Carrick.

Pogrebnyak was fairly shite in Germany. He had a very good few games at Fulham then coasted through another few.

Fair play to him earning a cushy contract based on a very small sample of form. Based on the success rate of Russian players abroad I certainly wouldn't be handing him a 4 year deal on that money.

What I don't understand is if a 21 year old talented, skillfull winger is good enough that Chelsea want him - then how on earth have England let him slip away from the national set-up?

Shouldn't try to apply logic to a national team that chooses Downing, Kelly, Henderson and Milner over the likes of Richards, Johnson, Sturridge and Carrick.

If he was that interested in England, he would have waited. He originally accepted a call-up in 2011, when he was only 20. However, extreme Nigerian shenanigans ensued from both sides and he was freely available as late as February of this year. Don't forget, we managed to miss out on ACN 2012, so there was no incentive of playing in a tournament. There is also precedent, with the likes Onuoha and Owomoyela, who waited until their mid-twenties to clarify their position.

If he is really going to Chelsea to replace Kalou, he will play many matches, but never be considered first choice, regardless of how he performs. The Russian runs that club, and his biggest investments will not sit on the bench.

:lol: QPR's three year plan seems to be "Pay ridiculous wages, be relegated".

I mean, honestly, there are only so many places in the squad. Could you honestly pick anyone in the current England setup who could make way for Moses? I doubt it.

I mean, honestly, there are only so many places in the squad. Could you honestly pick anyone in the current England setup who could make way for Moses? I doubt it.

I assume you're being sarcastic?

It's really hard to tell.

I assume you're being sarcastic?

It's really hard to tell.

http://i.imgur.com/RF2b1.png

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro

Exciting news for @jeromepugmire & @perfectpunter - Reading bidding for Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga after West Ham had €5m offer rejected

Bet if they get him he will score against us.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro

Exciting news for @jeromepugmire & @perfectpunter - Reading bidding for Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga after West Ham had €5m offer rejected

naturally

Reading showing a bit of intention in these early moves

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro

naturally

Reading showing a bit of intention in these early moves

Good moves by them. Heard they are after Rukavytsya of Hertha Berlin as well. Decent enough player.

Yakubu leaving Blackburn to go to China. Thats Blackburn fucked.

Apparently Owen has received interest from a couple of Premiership clubs, plus clubs from China, Russia, and the Middle East. No doubt he will go to who offers the most. I wish he would just retire.

Massively interested to see how Juve will get on in the Chumps League. Will either do a Dortmund or get far.

If they get that quality striker they are missing i see them going very far..... Midfield and Defence is up there with the best in europe its only the attack thats lacking.

Not being racist or owt but will he not absolutely destroy the domestic players with his physicality?

Yeh i have no doubt. Josh Kennedy absolutely destroys the J-league, one of the top scorers 2 seasons running, just due to his superior height and heading ability. Id hate to see what Drogba is going to do to the far inferior Chinese Super League.