Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

I'd much Prefer we sold bale or vdv. This is actually very sad news indeed but what can we do( well not sell him but doubt that will happen).

Guest kingdawson

How, on gods earth, can modric be rated in the £25m - £35m bracket (general opinion) and Carroll go for £35m?

Market has gone crazy. Modric is on another planet.

nationality.

its sad to see a player just decide he wants to up sticks and move on if theirs a hint of a cl club coming in regardless of the club (well except sunderland)

I do smell another Levy threating to report Chelsea for tapping up like they threatened with Berbatov back then

Argentinian media say Ricky Alvarez has agreed move to an unnamed English club. Arsenal and Manchester United being mentioned as the possible clubs.

Karlsen doesn't rate him at all, for the record.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Can someone tell me what it is that makes Modric so popular? Genuine question. Don't watch much of Spurs, but going off the stats, Modric isn't all that. Only has a couple of goals and a handful of assists.

Guest palnese

Can someone tell me what it is that makes Modric so popular? Genuine question. Don't watch much of Spurs, but going off the stats, Modric isn't all that. Only has a couple of goals and a handful of assists.

He's the best midfielder in the league. End of.

Midfielders aren't about assists and goals. Look at Iniesta at Barca, never been a massive goalscorer or a statistical phenomenon, does that mean he's overrated? Does it fuck. Modric is like Iniesta-lite; his touch, awareness, ability on the ball, dribbling in tight spaces, passing, vision is all of the absolute highest order. There's a reason Redknapp has absolute faith in a midget like Modric to play right in the heart of things. He's a magician and he's the heartbeat of that side. For my money he's the best central midfielder in the league and will be a massive miss to Spurs.

He's the best midfielder in the league. End of.

no he isn't.

El Arabi seems to be on his way to Genoa for €6m.

Argentinian media say Ricky Alvarez has agreed move to an unnamed English club. Arsenal and Manchester United being mentioned as the possible clubs.

Us.

$20m too, that is a lot of money for him unless it's in Pesos which I doubt. Good player but I don't think he is worth that much. Also buying a midfielder direct from the Arg league is risky due to the totally different styles of game. Tin of beans opener of a left foot on him though.

El Arabi seems to be on his way to Genoa for €6m.

Us.

$20m too, that is a lot of money for him unless it's in Pesos which I doubt. Good player but I don't think he is worth that much. Also buying a midfielder direct from the Arg league is risky due to the totally different styles of game. Tin of beans opener of a left foot on him though.

Our press say he's going to Málaga, deal to be sealed on Monday.

They have also completed the Toulalan transfer (who I don't really rate that much, but still), for €8m rising to €10m.