Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He's on €2m net a year (€3m gross), it's not like he's an unknown that has had a breakout season (like say, Higuaín who was on peanut wages or Carroll for you). Gets on my tits when players act like that, he's just one year on his contract.

Levy had a meeting with Modric and his agent this morning, they were told he will not be sold under any circumstances.  The Club statement was issued following that meeting.

Was there any real need for a public statement though? Sign of panic maybe?

Levy had a meeting with Modric and his agent this morning, they were told he will not be sold under any circumstances.  The Club statement was issued following that meeting.

Was there any real need for a public statement thought? Sign of panic maybe?

Reassuring the fans.

Well, the few that aren't ITK.

If Modric wants out, I reckon he'll get his own way eventually. Won't be pretty and could overshadow Spurs' entire pre-season.

We'll see if he's still there on Sept 1st.

Guest kingdawson

I've changed my mind after thinking about it a bit more tbh. I think he'll still be here for 1 more season and will get his move next year if we don't progress.

Sanchez to Barca looking on apparently...

Imagin their team.

Aye pretty useful player to bring off the bench :lol:

Can play all across the front too, maybe slowly phase out Villa.

Guest kingdawson

Pedro is class and doesn't need or deserve to be taken out the first X1. IF he replaces anyone it's Villa imo.

Guest neesy111

Will add much needed depth to Barca's front-line and allow them to rotate more.  They've been pretty lucky that none of their front 3 haven't received injuries that much.

Regarding Modric; although I'd hardly expect Redknapp/Levy to go "aye, go on then, you can have him", they need their heads tested if they seriously think £22m is an awful bid for Modric. However I must admit I enjoyed Redknapp's not at all subtle comment of "some players are being sold for £20m who aren't fit to lace Luka's boots." :lol:

Henderson for 20m man, I just can't fathom the reasoning behind that.

http://www.tamilbabynames.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Tamil-Baby-Names-1024x768.jpg

and

http://www.aspexdesign.co.uk/flags/england_flag_01.gif

Guest kingdawson

Regarding Modric; although I'd hardly expect Redknapp/Levy to go "aye, go on then, you can have him", they need their heads tested if they seriously think £22m is an awful bid for Modric. However I must admit I enjoyed Redknapp's not at all subtle comment of "some players are being sold for £20m who aren't fit to lace Luka's boots." :lol:

22M is an awful bid. Wait didn't you want 25m for Baines?

Guest kingdawson

Yep. And? £22m is not a good bid but it's not as derisory as Redknapp is trying to make out.

Yes it is imo considering the other deals that have been done lately, the club thats bidding being loaded, the fact that the player was bought for 16m and has proven himself to be one of the best midfielders in the league so a 6m profit on him is an absolute joke.