Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

What would you consider a proper bid, kd? (even if you wouldn't accept it)

A starting bid of 30m is fair imo. Obviously i wouldn't want him to go for that and hope/think we'll end up getting more but 22m is a joke offer from Chelsea who knew full well we'd reject the bid.

Guest Howaythetoon

Modric is pleasing on the eye and like I said a decent player but by no means world-class, yet he will probably go for silly money. Mind if Henderson is worth 20m then fucking Jermaine Jenas is worth 40m. That said, realistically, Modric is a decent playmaker in the right set-up but a player of his ability should be getting 10 goals a season to be honest. I think he is far too relaxed a player.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, a few years back Carrick, was arguably a better Spurs player than Modric is. I guess what I'm saying is this madness is getting out of hand. He's a 20m player tops but people are talking about 30 and 40 or a British transfer record fee. Fucking ridiculous. That's modern football for you though.

By the way, a few years back Carrick, was arguably a better Spurs player than Modric is. I guess what I'm saying is this madness is getting out of hand. He's a 20m player tops but people are talking about 30 and 40 or a British transfer record fee. Fucking ridiculous. That's modern football for you though.

You what?

Guest kingdawson

By the way, a few years back Carrick, was arguably a better Spurs player than Modric is. I guess what I'm saying is this madness is getting out of hand. He's a 20m player tops but people are talking about 30 and 40 or a British transfer record fee. f***ing ridiculous. That's modern football for you though.

You what?

Carrick was a better spurs player than Modric? is this even serious?

Carrick was good but luka is a different class.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, a few years back Carrick, was arguably a better Spurs player than Modric is. I guess what I'm saying is this madness is getting out of hand. He's a 20m player tops but people are talking about 30 and 40 or a British transfer record fee. f***ing ridiculous. That's modern football for you though.

You what?

You don't even fucking go to your own club's games man so how would you know :lol:

You what?

You don't even f***ing go to your own club's games man so how would you know :lol:

Never heard of TV?

Guest kingdawson

I watch and have watched near enough every single spurs game for years. I've also gone to quite a few games in that period (not a lot but still) and i can tell you that you won't find another spurs fan (season ticket holder, gg forum poster, lame itk whatever) that agrees with your absurd statement.

Carrick a better spurs player than Modric :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :idiot2: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :iamatwat: :thdn:

You what?

I see where HTT is coming from here. Our team revolved around Carrick in his last season before us, he was terrific. Modric is a better player, and integral to our team, but in a slightly different way.

I'm just a bit pissed off that a newspaper has made a concerted effort to unsettle a player simply because he doesn't play for the new "Big Four". Initially the Mail were angling for Man City or Chelsea, then tried to get Man U in, then Chelsea make a bid.

I'm kinda with kd here. If we can offload a couple of clowns, then somehow convince a shit-hot forward to take wages that are half the amount they'd receive at Man U, City, Arsenal or Chelsea (or Liverpool), then Modric will stay this year. If we're not in the CL next year, Modric is off.

You what?

You don't even fucking go to your own club's games man so how would you know :lol:

How many times have you stopped going due to your hissy fits? :lol:

I hate Spurs but I hope they hang on to Modric.

One of the worst things about the modern game is the attitude that footballers have now re: the Champions League. They think "earning" it now is being signed by a Champions League club rather than earning it by their own team getting there by being one of the best four teams over one season. Modric has some fucking nerve, he's just been in it with Spurs, they drop out of it for one year and he's like a spoilt child, "I want it now now now". Waffling on about Chelsea being a bigger club than Spurs - what an arsehole. Spurs have shown nothing but ambition since he's been at WHL but now he's too good for them?

Players like Stewart Downing make me laugh. Who the fuck does he think he is trying to get out of Aston Villa? Villa are one of the biggest ten clubs in the country - that is his level. He's a canny player but now, any player who has a good half a dozen games immediately thinks they have to go running to the "big" clubs begging to be taken on and taken away from minnows like Newcastle, Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton, great historic clubs with massive support who could really punch their weight if these cunts didn't stop clamouring to go and sit on Chelsea's bench. It's like Pienaar last year, just desperate to get away to Spurs from Everton and for what? Three or four Champions League games ffs.

People talk about the greed of footballers but for me, this is a much greater annoyance.

I hate Spurs but I hope they hang on to Modric.

One of the worst things about the modern game is the attitude that footballers have now re: the Champions League. They think "earning" it now is being signed by a Champions League club rather than earning it by their own team getting there by being one of the best four teams over one season. Modric has some fucking nerve, he's just been in it with Spurs, they drop out of it for one year and he's like a spoilt child, "I want it now now now". Waffling on about Chelsea being a bigger club than Spurs - what an arsehole. Spurs have shown nothing but ambition since he's been at WHL but now he's too good for them?

Players like Stewart Downing make me laugh. Who the fuck does he think he is trying to get out of Aston Villa? Villa are one of the biggest ten clubs in the country - that is his level. He's a canny player but now, any player who has a good half a dozen games immediately thinks they have to go running to the "big" clubs begging to be taken on and taken away from minnows like Newcastle, Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton, great historic clubs with massive support who could really punch their weight if these cunts didn't stop clamouring to go and sit on Chelsea's bench. It's like Pienaar last year, just desperate to get away to Spurs from Everton and for what? Three or four Champions League games ffs.

People talk about the greed of footballers but for me, this is a much greater annoyance.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Made that exact point a few times on here and other forums recently.