Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Henderson went for close to £20m, man. And Phil Jones just went for £20m too. Bent went for £24m, Milner went for £28m. Modric will go for £40m+, if he goes. I think Spurs have a good chance of keeping him, even if it's for a Ronaldo-style year where everyone knows he's going to leave next summer. I don't like Spurs but I don't like the biggest teams being able to bully non-CL teams into giving them their best players. We could easily be in Spurs' position in a year or two's time with Tiote, Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

They'll need to buy some new strikers, though, and quickly too. If they can spend £30m on two strikers, they could probably convince Modric to give them two more years playing this formation:

Sandro    Modric

Lennon    VdV    Bale

new top quality ST

They would be able to challenge for the CL.

Guest kingdawson

After that statement i do actually think that we'd get a British record fee should he leave (around 40m plus). If we do sell to Chelscum, Sturridge or Drogba should be involved in any deal.

Guest kingdawson

Modric is a decent player but he's not that special. Football is crazy these days.

Decent player? nowt special? yes ok mate.

Modric is a decent player but he's not that special. Football is crazy these days.

Like dirty arry says, if you sell him you are just another selling club going neewhere.

Nice to see the boot on the other foot in regards to Spuds and teams unsettling their players.

Modric is good as gone, he'll hand in a transfer request in the next couple of weeks once a second or third sub £30m bid comes in, then he'll finally leave nearer that mark not long after. Jol (the poster) pays SBRF £100 while VDV and Bale will be next to be linked away in similar fashion. One thing is though they'll get some brilliant fees for them, they never get done the spuds.

Hopefully a nice knock on effect and Sunderland lose Gyan to them, Parker in to replace Modric should be fun as well.

Guest kingdawson

After that statement i do actually think that we'd get a British record fee should he leave (around 40m plus). If we do sell to Chelscum, Sturridge or Drogba should be involved in any deal.

Fernando Torres.

sorry forgot about that waste of space.

Nice to see the boot on the other foot in regards to Spuds and teams unsettling their players.

Modric is good as gone, he'll hand in a transfer request in the next couple of weeks once a second or third sub £30m bid comes in, then he'll finally leave nearer that mark not long after. Jol (the poster) pays SBRF £100 while VDV and Bale will be next to be linked away in similar fashion. One thing is though they'll get some brilliant fees for them, they never get done the spuds.

Hopefully a nice knock on effect and Sunderland lose Gyan to them, Parker in to replace Modric should be fun as well.

Didn't think of that.

Guest kingdawson

Surely they'd be better of trying to get Sturridge in the deal for Modric?

That's what i think will happen should we accept a bid. We'll insist on him being in the deal.

Surely they'd be better of trying to get Sturridge in the deal for Modric?

That's what i think will happen should we accept a bid. We'll insist on him being in the deal.

what's that other chelsea kid called people are raving about, mceachran or something?  supposed to be fucking excellent, get sturridge and him plus wedge and it'd be an acceptable deal probably?

How many assists and goals did he get from midfield last season by the way... the top midfielder players get double figure assists he is just a player with good feet and a nice touch that is it.

Guest kingdawson

How many assists and goals did he get from midfield last season by the way... the top midfielder players get double figure assists he is just a player with good feet and a nice touch that is it.

Check iniesta's goals and assists record the season he was ridiculously good and get back to me.

Can someone tell me what it is that makes Modric so popular? Genuine question. Don't watch much of Spurs, but going off the stats, Modric isn't all that. Only has a couple of goals and a handful of assists.

Midfielders aren't about assists and goals. Look at Iniesta at Barca, never been a massive goalscorer or a statistical phenomenon, does that mean he's overrated? Does it fuck. Modric is like Iniesta-lite; his touch, awareness, ability on the ball, dribbling in tight spaces, passing, vision is all of the absolute highest order. There's a reason Redknapp has absolute faith in a midget like Modric to play right in the heart of things. He's a magician and he's the heartbeat of that side. For my money he's the best central midfielder in the league and will be a massive miss to Spurs.

And I don't think you can take Modric's assist tallies too seriously when he had Pavlyuchenko, Defoe and Crouch finishing off the chances that he created.

Spurs honestly need a real top quality striker, one that will cost shitloads and be a statement signing to the likes of Bale, Modric and VdV.

Levy had a meeting with Modric and his agent this morning, they were told he will not be sold under any circumstances.  The Club statement was issued following that meeting.

Confirmed by the Commission of ITKs?