Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Rennes chairman Frederic de Saint-Serni has claimed that French star Yann M'Vila has now received a 'concrete' offer from England.

Spurs :bluestar:

As long as he's not in before our game, i'm looking forward to the prospect of no Modric, Parker and Sandro.

This Rodwell to City thing is a weird one.

It's the wrong career move at the wrong time for him imo. If he's going to challenge Barry/de Jong for a place in the team then fair enough but I honestly think Rodwell's not going to have the best of times at City.

Phil McNulty @philmcnulty

Man City's Rodwell signing complete. Everton will get a guaranteed £12m down and add ons could come to another £5m.

9:12 PM - 12 Aug 12

That didn't take long.

Rennes chairman Frederic de Saint-Serni has claimed that French star Yann M'Vila has now received a 'concrete' offer from England.

Spurs :bluestar:

Steal if they get him for the reported £10m.

Crazy price, can't believe Man United aren't in for him.

This Rodwell to City thing is a weird one.

It's the wrong career move at the wrong time for him imo. If he's going to challenge Barry/de Jong for a place in the team then fair enough but I honestly think Rodwell's not going to have the best of times at City.

I think both Barry and De Jong are on their way out of the team anyway. Still a lot of competition like obviously.

Rodwell or Allen?

I would go for Rodwell for the simple reason he can play in a few positions and will be a good squad player maybe forcing his way into the side against barry/de jong.

15 million for allen i just can't see any sense in that what so ever, i'm struggling to believe he's an upgrade on Jordon Henderson let alone Lucas or Gerrard.

2 or so years ago there was absolutely no doubt in my mind Rodwell would become a top-class English midfielder for many, many years. First choice in the England team, and one of the very best in the Premier League.

Now, I'm not so sure. He has the world at his feet with his natural ability but injuries and frankly his attitude are worries. I hope he realises his potential. He certainly has age on his side, anyway.

2 or so years ago there was absolutely no doubt in my mind Rodwell would become a top-class English midfielder for many, many years. First choice in the England team, and one of the very best in the Premier League.

Now, I'm not so sure. He has the world at his feet with his natural ability but injuries and frankly his attitude are worries. I hope he realises his potential. He certainly has age on his side, anyway.

This should be the ideal move for the player then. His appetite for the game should sky-rocket now that he's receiving mega-wonga for playing in the reserve league.

What's wrong with his attitude? Unless i've missed something i've never seen him in the papers for the wrong reasons and on the pich he always seems fully committed to the cause?

Rodwell is at a point when he needs to be playing regular first-team football. No matter how big a club he's signed for, if he's on the bench it's a step backwards.

De Jong, Barry, Milner and Yaya Toure all beat him on experience. Man City have no record of developing young players - it's all about the here and now, and the first team with them.

Presumably money has talked here.

Part of me wants us to sell one or two players to City, just for the crazy money.

Trust me, it's overrated.

Tangent - Man City fans yesterday singing "you only left for the money" at Sturridge. Kinda ironic.