Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Rodwell is at a point when he needs to be playing regular first-team football. No matter how big a club he's signed for, if he's on the bench it's a step backwards.

De Jong, Barry, Milner and Yaya Toure all beat him on experience. Man City have no record of developing young players - it's all about the here and now, and the first team with them.

Presumably money has talked here.

Actually, they do, they've one of the better academies in the country and are surely right up there in terms of developing talent.

Well, they were but they won't be now.

2 or so years ago there was absolutely no doubt in my mind Rodwell would become a top-class English midfielder for many, many years. First choice in the England team, and one of the very best in the Premier League.

Now, I'm not so sure. He has the world at his feet with his natural ability but injuries and frankly his attitude are worries. I hope he realises his potential. He certainly has age on his side, anyway.

What's wrong with his attitude? Unless i've missed something i've never seen him in the papers for the wrong reasons and on the pich he always seems fully committed to the cause?

Not that type of attitude problem.

He's far too laidback and nice on the pitch. He's got no aggression, hunger or will to win which results in him floating round the centre circle not doing much of anything. He's got all the ability to be a top player but never seems to impose himself on a game.

I'll be amazed if Rodwell ever ends up being a top player now, it's a terrible move for him.

He's got bags of ability but he needs to be playing regularly if he's ever going to realise it. At the moment he's too raw, and isn't good enough to start for them in anything other than the easier fixtures.

He'll still be a good player, but I doubt he'll ever get near what he has the ability to be.

Fucking Man City, what a shit fucking club.

I suppose they could offer him more money, but way better clubs will be in for him. And he just won't go to a club with nee chance to qualify for Europe.

Not sure why you even would argue it, like. There's just no chance what so ever. Simple.

Tottenham and Arsenal (if they sell RVP) should be in there.

Surprised Chelsea haven't made a move for Llorente. Suits their style of play and would be an ideal replacement for Drogba. Seems a little risky putting spending a load of money revamping the midfield and then relying on Torres, who although I think he may well hit some form this season, has been diabolical for the past 2 campaigns. 

Seems a bit of a strange purchase for them seeing as they already have both Parker and Sandro. I know they're probably expecting Modric to leave, so if that's the case it would make more sense for them to buy somebody of a similar ilk.