Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Barca have said it cost them 57m euros to sign Neymar.

Ok Flip i was wrong, its Barca who are the joke here :lol:

The thing is no one is the joke around here if this deal works, Santos got probably the best deal they could for him with the achievements and contract situation and if Barcelona wins the treble or something next season it will be worth €57m. So you're still in the wrong for now :p

True :lol:

I must say one thing about Neymar though he is simply amazing with the press.

Can you win a Balon d'or during your time here? - Neymar: I'm not bothered about becoming best player. Best player is Messi.

"My catalan is a little better than my spanish"

The media will lap this up :lol:

Like I said, he comes across extremely well in interviews and is an extremely likeable guy off the pitch. Problem is when he does his stuff ON the pitch, let's hope the times of humiliating the opposition is gone and as he says he's a father now and has to be a good father figure for his son. (not that it helped Suarez...)

Gotta say that the guy's come across pretty level-headed in the interview.

I'm not too bothered about the price tag, actually, financially-wise, since the guy is obviously a goldmine and we'll make some of that back in commercial deals in Brazil. But I fear people will expect too much too soon.

Gotta say that the guy's come across pretty level-headed in the interview.

I'm not too bothered about the price tag, actually, financially-wise, since the guy is obviously a goldmine and we'll make some of that back in commercial deals in Brazil. But I fear people will expect too much too soon.

Expectations should be enormous for what he has achieved at this age, I'm so glad he chose Barcelona where he can be second fiddle to Messi. I hope he will do extremely well for you guys and I can see you guys running away with the title even faster next season. You have all except a new CB in place. Neymar will also get the consistency to play in a team without being interrupted by playing internationals all the time. I mean he only played 17 of 38 games last season in the Brazilian league and still managed to score 14 goals and have 8assists, in a not so good Santos team. Pretty sure he'll have his occasional days where he is completely unplayable, but he'll also have those days where nothing works for him. I think a fresh start was needed for him to revitalise his career.

I personally feel the La Liga title race will be closer next season, main reason being is Madrid will actually turn up before Christmas this time surely.

As for Barca and their need for CB they could sign Thiago Silva and they would still struggle defensively against the best teams IMO.

Their problem is more system based than individual based, they don't press anywhere near as well as they did under Pep and they are nowhere near as organised.

Fix that and you fix the majority of the problems, of course Abidal and Puyol need to be replaced long term but it won't help that much if they continue be an un-organised mess(by comparison) which doesn't press anywhere near as intensively as the past.

Think he'll struggle tbh.

I don't. Has pace to burn, very direct and excellent delivery. If Lennon can made a decent player of himself in this league then Navas will have no trouble at all.

Unless of course his anxiety issues come back.

As long as he's alright off the pitch, manages to settle etc, he'll be just fine on it.

Incidentally, the article on the Sevilla website has some class dodgy Google Translating:

"To the memory of his dribbles Sevillismo will that left most of the belts loose, its impossible rhythm changes, the speed with which the centers arming, mythical empathy exhibited with Daniel Alves - what a pair!"

I don't. Has pace to burn, very direct and excellent delivery. If Lennon can made a decent player of himself in this league then Navas will have no trouble at all.

Unless of course his anxiety issues come back.

I don't doubt his ability. We'll see how he handles the bright lights of the PL.

Thankfully, he's got a great manager in Pellegrini who'll know how to best handle him.