Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Also his Milan side fielded the most attacking/creative players i've ever seen. Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Cafu all in the one team. Often playing 3 playmakers in the one side.

They rarely won the league under him as defensively they where not strong enough. Not enough tackle in midfield if you will.

:kasper:

You mean it's a thing?

Bring back Channel 4 Italian football. Or, specifically, bring back Gazzetta Football Italia where without fail, every Saturday (or Sunday?) morning, James Richardson would be there reviewing the Italian sports papers with a fucking massive ice cream sundae always sat next to him.

Bring back Channel 4 Italian football. Or, specifically, bring back Gazzetta Football Italia where without fail, every Saturday (or Sunday?) morning, James Richardson would be there reviewing the Italian sports papers with a fucking massive ice cream sundae always sat next to him.

Definitely, loved that show. He's good on the Guardian podcast now.

Bring back Channel 4 Italian football. Or, specifically, bring back Gazzetta Football Italia where without fail, every Saturday (or Sunday?) morning, James Richardson would be there reviewing the Italian sports papers with a f***ing massive ice cream sundae always sat next to him.

Forgetting the OJ  :huff:

Also his Milan side fielded the most attacking/creative players i've ever seen. Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Cafu all in the one team. Often playing 3 playmakers in the one side.

They rarely won the league under him as defensively they where not strong enough. Not enough tackle in midfield if you will.

Wow, what a point, you could field 10 offensive players and still not play an offensive creative football. Look at Mourinho and Real. CRonaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, Marcelo, Özil all played there and absolutely battered teams, still, it wasn't a offensive and creative team in that sense they were just individually more superior than most of their opposition.

Wow, what a point, you could field 10 offensive players and still not play an offensive creative football. Look at Mourinho and Real. CRonaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, Marcelo, Özil all played there and absolutely battered teams, still, it wasn't a offensive and creative team in that sense they were just individually more superior than most of their opposition.

Mardid are a far harder working team than that Milan. That Milan played one way and it's pretty attacking. Very bad at having to grind out results or defend leads. Hence, Istanbul and Depor overturning a 4-1 deficit. Much like Chelsea, when they beat teams - they bloody beat em 3 or 4.

No team with 1 #9 and 4 natural #10's in the same side is going to lack creativity like you have claimed mate. So just shut up and take this L.

Problem with Ancelotti is he struggles with the 38 game marathon of a league campaign.

That great Milan team everyone raves about only won 1 league title in 9 years under Ancelotti.

He's brilliant on the KO format which is why the CL suits him and his tactical prowess can be shown off to its potential.

He's the exact opposite to Mancini, who is very good at the 38 game marathon of a league campaign but awful at the KO format of the CL because he's crap tactically.

If Madrid get him it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wins a CL before he wins a league.

Agreed.

Bring back Channel 4 Italian football. Or, specifically, bring back Gazzetta Football Italia where without fail, every Saturday (or Sunday?) morning, James Richardson would be there reviewing the Italian sports papers with a f***ing massive ice cream sundae always sat next to him.

yeah, with his updates on lentini/van basten's comeback attempts, asprilla's latest escapades, and massimo morratti hiring and firing coaches in quick succession

Mardid are a far harder working team than that Milan. That Milan played one way and it's pretty attacking. Very bad at having to grind out results or defend leads. Hence, Istanbul and Depor overturning a 4-1 deficit. Much like Chelsea, when they beat teams - they bloody beat em 3 or 4.

No team with 1 #9 and 4 natural #10's in the same side is going to lack creativity like you have claimed mate. So just shut up and take this L.

:lol:

4 #10 in the same side. Ambrossini, Gattuso and Pirlo (which one of them are the #10 you are talking about?). Rui Costa was a bench player when Kaka arrived, and Seedorf became more and more a midfielder than an attacking. He gave support to Kaka and Sheva up top. You don't have any idea what you are talking about. I also haven't said they lacked creativity individually, but as a team they were more of a counter-attacking team which were deadly in front of goal. To suggest they played a creative style of football not only shows complete ignorance but also a lack of knowledge.

Ancelotti's Chelsea were just a neat and mean counter-attackin outfit, which fits Madrid's squad anyway.

His teams are exactly like you say, counter-attacking teams. Score the first goal and they'll sit back and wait to kill the game by counter-attacking. Good manager, but horrible philosophy (does get him the results though) in my opinion.

Funny how his aging Chelsea side broke the PL goals record on the way to winning the double.

Now SAF's retired Carlo's the very best manager on the planet. Total class act as a person, too.

Flip when Milan were at their best they had a diamond midfield 4 of Pirlo,Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka not quite 4 #10s but still :lol:

Can see why they were an inconsistent team defensively, be like Pardew doing a narrow midfield 4 of Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveaux and Ben Arfa :yao:

I secretly wish he would  :okay:

Flip when Milan were at their best they had a diamond midfield 4 of Pirlo,Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka not quite 4 #10s but still :lol:

Can see why they were an inconsistent team defensively, be like Pardew doing a narrow midfield 4 of Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveaux and Ben Arfa :yao:

I secretly wish he would  :okay:

Exactly my point. They played a 4-3-1-2 which didn't have only a striker or 4 #10s. They only had one. Their 4-3-1-2 depended a lot on the playmaking ability of Pirlo to start counter-attacks and Kaka's speed as well as the effectiveness of Sheva and Inzaghi. To tell me that they played a brilliant creative football is very far from the truth.

Ancelotti's Chelsea were just a neat and mean counter-attackin outfit, which fits Madrid's squad anyway.

His teams are exactly like you say, counter-attacking teams. Score the first goal and they'll sit back and wait to kill the game by counter-attacking. Good manager, but horrible philosophy (does get him the results though) in my opinion.

Funny how his aging Chelsea side broke the PL goals record on the way to winning the double.

Now SAF's retired Carlo's the very best manager on the planet. Total class act as a person, too.

Don't agree with him being the best manager on the planet, but I do agree that as a person he has always been an example. Also breaking the PL goals record was a great achievement but I wasn't specifically talking about one season in the PL as well as they didn't score a bundle of goals against the better sides.

This season he won 9 games 1-0 and drew 0-0 three times. His team was a far superior team to his counter part individually. Also I'm not criticizing Ancelotti, I just don't like the brand of football his sides play. His Chelsea side scored loads of goals against lesser sides and there's a reason they didn't go far in the CL.

He's talking guff Ronaldo.

He's talking guff Ronaldo.

:lol: Difference between me and you is that you're point comes from watching a Chelsea side playing one season, while my opinion comes from watching Milan throughout the last decade because my brothers are big Milan fans as well as watching Ibra and PSG on tv every week because that's all that goes on Swedish tv nowadays. I said the same about Mancini and got a lot of s***. Not necessarily comparing their style of play, but none of them have their team playing any attacking creative football.

:lol:

4 #10 in the same side. Ambrossini, Gattuso and Pirlo (which one of them are the #10 you are talking about?). Rui Costa was a bench player when Kaka arrived, and Seedorf became more and more a midfielder than an attacking. He gave support to Kaka and Sheva up top. You don't have any idea what you are talking about. I also haven't said they lacked creativity individually, but as a team they were more of a counter-attacking team which were deadly in front of goal. To suggest they played a creative style of football not only shows complete ignorance but also a lack of knowledge.

Pirlo's a natural #10. He went back on loan to Brescia but the manager converted him to a deeplying playmaker. Seedorf adapted his game slightly but once again to take advantage of his athleticism, natural playmaker.

This is the '03 CL winning side. 3 playmakers - 2 out and out strikers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Juventus_vs_Milan_2003-05-28.svg

The team that won the league after Juve were stripped had Kaka AND Rui Costa in. That team got dumped on by Depor and got pegged back at Istanbul. They  brought in Ambrosini for Rui Costa for some bite and continued with one up top.

Such a team will not be counter-attacking all day.

You're painting Ancelotti as a typcial Italian Catenaccio manager and its far from true. It doesn't even make sense.