Gervinho

Dave

Update in tomorrow's Journal apparently. No doubt saying the internet rumours are bollocks at this point.

Fucking hell, are you doing anything else than sitting at home and pressing F5 these days?  :lol:

Echofon. :pow:

Everton is a great club, don't get me wrong, but they are about a tenth of exiting as us if not less.

There is a lot of bullish happening av Newcastle that should not be happening but at least there IS something happening.

Everton is a safe bet, the boring guy in class that none of the girls care about until he builds a lot of muscles and buy an expensive car.

Which they haven't.

Great analogy, though, that is the reason he would choose Everton over us. They are much more stable.

Guest Recoba

I agree, but they probably still have some appeal.  Say  they were.in for wor Jonas, he would want to go I reckon

Is that msidouglas lad reliable or not? Seems to talk to that cunt cwarr a lot.

Chief sports writer for the journal and chronicle, probably just replied to that twat because he questions him a lot trying to find out the latest 'scoops'.

Surprising really, considering how he is already ITK ???

Guest axel

Is that msidouglas lad reliable or not? Seems to talk to that c*** cwarr a lot.

douglas works for sunday sun, so he's atleast more reliable than cwarr

They're slightly better than us, but it feels like they're stagnating. Neil and 1878 are in a better position to say, but they seem to be towards the end of their 'cycle', whereas we're just beginning an exciting one. We're a famous club in France, we've just signed a mate and already had one here. The odds are stacked in our favour.

They're slightly better than us, but it feels like they're stagnating. Neil and 1878 are in a better position to say, but they seem to be towards the end of their 'cycle', whereas we're just beginning an exciting one. We're a famous club in France, we've just signed a mate and already had one here. The odds are stacked in our favour.

see your point there (though lets be hesitant on the bit with us beginning an exciting one) but a lot stands to the fact Everton have been pretty consistent last few seasons in league finish if dipping slightly as the superior spending power of city and spurs stepped in. Suppose if they're bidding €11m then Rodwell must be off or possibly Baines

Everton is a great club, don't get me wrong, but they are about a tenth of exiting as us if not less.

There is a lot of bullish happening av Newcastle that should not be happening but at least there IS something happening.

Everton is a safe bet, the boring guy in class that none of the girls care about until he builds a lot of muscles and buy an expensive car.

Which they haven't.

What would that make us then? The fit blonde at the front with big tits but who is a bit of a psycho bitch and has been known to slash her wrists?

The only thing we can offer him that Everton can't is the fact he'll know a few of his team-mates. We may or may not be offering a bigger wage but the likes of Arsenal should blow the pair of us out of the water if they go for him.

Which they haven't.

Great analogy, though, that is the reason he would choose Everton over us. They are much more stable.

What would that make us then? The fit blonde at the front with big tits but who is a bit of a psycho bitch and has been known to slash her wrists?

Wonder what sort of pulling power St James' Park has? It's probably a bit naive given how money-driven footballers are now, but when i think of competing against the likes of Everton and Villa - the stadium comparison always jumps immediately to mind and i think "they've not got a chance, surely?".

The only thing we can offer him that Everton can't is the fact he'll know a few of his team-mates. We may or may not be offering a bigger wage but the likes of Arsenal should blow the pair of us out of the water if they go for him.

If he knows we're signing Cabaye, he'll realise we are looking to be fairly ambitious next season. That puts us ahead of Everton I would have thought. If Arsenal were genuinely interested he wouldn't even be giving us the time of day.

It might be the case that the likes of Arsenal are just waiting for us to do all the hard work convincing him to leave Lille, fancying the Premier League etc etc before they just pipe up with Champions League football and take him.

Like I said, I think Arsenal like him and have watched him but have other targets in mind first. He wants to hold out for them to come in for him, but has an offer from us. It's a state of limbo and for that reason I can't see this one being resolved very soon.

It might be the case that the likes of Arsenal are just waiting for us to do all the hard work convincing him to leave Lille, fancying the Premier League etc etc before they just pipe up with Champions League football and take him.

That's also a possibility.

If he knows we're signing Cabaye, he'll realise we are looking to be fairly ambitious next season. That puts us ahead of Everton I would have thought. If Arsenal were genuinely interested he wouldn't even be giving us the time of day.

He'll also know Tiote. That should work in our favour but there are loads of factors that will come into it. Hopeful he signs but it's not the end of the world if he chooses somewhere else.

Like I said, I think Arsenal like him and have watched him but have other targets in mind first. He wants to hold out for them to come in for him, but has an offer from us. It's a state of limbo and for that reason I can't see this one being resolved very soon.

What about this deadline we've apparently given him though? I wonder who we go onto after that if he doesn't make his mind up.

Edit: N'Zogbia I guess?